The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, October 29, 2007

Let's all give a warm welcome to Tropical Storm Noel!

The craziest things happen when I stop watching the weather for a sec. You know how I mentioned that Tropical Depression 16 that seemed to come in out of nowhere? Well, yesterday, while I was doing my Sunday thing, apparently, that thing decided to become the 14th named storm of the 2007 Atlantic Hurricane Season. Let's all offer a warm welcome to Tropical Storm Noel (being pronounced by TWC as Nole). Is there somewhere where we can get the pronunciations of these storm names because last time I checked Noel was supposed to be pronounced no "l"? Whatever. That's irrelevant. The important consideration is that this thing got up to strong tropical storm strength. Now, however, he has lost most of his umph, not looking anywhere close to impressive. sigh.

Although, Tropical Storm Noel will most likely fall apart, it is important to note that he is having an impact on us in this part of the CONUS. An area of high pressure building to the north is creating a squeeze play with the feed off of Tropical Storm Noel (pronounced Nole), offering a tight pressure gradient, generating significant surface winds in my neck of the woods. Nutty Mini-Dew and her stubborn streak (don't know where she gets it - lol) insisted on wearing shorts today to school. I pointed out the temp and the high, and she let laziness prevail. My child left the house in shorts and a thick jacket this morning. What a nut! I'm sure that she was a Mini-Dewcicle by the time that bus arrived. The wind with the cold air advection was bone chilling. The wind was blowing so hard that it howled in my ears (the guys are calling it "breezy"), and there was Mini-Dew in her shorts. eye roll.

I got a tip last night while I was playing the game of Life with Mini-Dew, dear son and his sweet girlfriend (which, by the way, dear son indicated that he "didn't get it". That certainly cracked me up.), that I needed to "check the sky". I did just that, and I am so glad that I did.
It was absolutely beautimus!!! That's all I have for today. Have a lovely Monday!

Toodles,
~Dewdrop

3 comments:

  1. Big shift west in track. Preparing here for possible 40-60mph winds on Holloween.

    Could get interesting if shear remain low.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Game of Life...I haven't thought of that in years. It used to be a game; now it's real! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Looks like your wish might just come true, bottom of the ninth, line drive out of nowhere... will it score an RBI?

    I love the Game of Life... the real stuff... not so easy.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...