The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, October 08, 2007

A new day has come...

Another older shot that made me smile... I took this one back in August, and because it is completely bloggerific, I decided it was needing a post... It's Monday, so I can use the boost. Columbus Day is a holiday for some, but not for me. Oh well.

Let's look at the weather, shall we?Looks like "convertible weather". Kind of a downer for me, but it makes for some great outdoor opportunities for photos and all the fall festivals around the area, not to mention them lawnmow'r races over yonder in Berl'n, Ge-ohgia. I reckon they'll be havin' themselves a heckuva time. Yee-haw! Bottom line... no storms, no CG, no hail, no tornadoes, not even RAIN. Yes, the Dewvoid has settled in nicely in these here parts. Boy howdy! The one shot we had at some possible convection was to be on Wednesday, when a cold front approaches, but dry air attm will have settled in so nicely, that it's not likely to happen...

THE CWA IS JUST ABOUT FREE FROM CONVECTION. OUR CWA WILL BE ON THE TAIL END OF THE COLD FRONT ON WED...AS THE PARENT LOW TRAVERSES THE NORTHERN GREAT LAKES. SINCE WE WILL BE SO FAR REMOVED FROM THE MAIN SHORTWAVE...AND SINCE PLENTY OF MID LEVEL DRY AIR WILL ALREADY HAVE INVADED THE AREA FROM THE UPPER RIDGE...THE COLD FRONT ITSELF WILL LIKELY BE STARVED FOR MOISTURE...AND ANY SHOWERS WILL BE DIFFICULT TO COME BY.
Onto the tropics... I took a break from looking at those over the weekend... Let's see what's going on there, shall we? Looks like the only action right now, exists in the Caribbean Sea. Invest 94L has developed over the western Caribbean Sea. It is showing some signs of organization in the satellite presentation this morning. Recon will be investigating today if need be. Upper level winds support development... Could we FINALLY have Noel???

Have a LOVELY day!
~Dewdrop

6 comments:

  1. I like that...convertible weather :) For me it is very depressing. Hardly seen any good clouds except for a few days in the past month. We are on the board with a 20% chance at storms tomorrow, WOOHOO! I'll chase a moderate afternoon shower with a little breeze right about now.

    SCM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get some great clouds soon!!! Haven't seen you in a while, but I guess the tropics have been kind of sad...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sunset was bloggerific. I was taking pics like that on my way down to the beach. Looks like the sunset tonight in LA. Lower Alabama, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got to listen to the music on your blog tonight for a change. Great stuff, Dew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, i stopped really tracking the tropics. I believe we are done for 2007. The shear down there has been insane for weeks now. Time for some nice fall cold fronts bringing severe weather, but i'm in a "void" zone up here. Next thing you know we'll be hoping for snow.

    SCM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mike, Hope you are taking pics of that "LA" sunset. Must be rough having to work at the beach... lol Thanks for the compliment on my music. It's a wide range of music, but almost all of them relate to weather.

    Mikey, Believe me, I know all about the "voids". Shear has been a downer this year. My hurricane tracking map looks so bare. Just and fyi, though, I NEVER hope for snow.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...