The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Sunday, November 25, 2007

Still watching and waiting, but it doesn't look good for Dew...

(In the radar capture pictured, of current local radar, you can clearly see the impact of the Dewvoid. You know... that clearly in the middle of all that rain...) Well, southwesterly flow is generating some random dreariness NEAR my neck of the woods, which means overcast, and if we don't get a break in this before tomorrow, there will be absolutely nothing to chase. Yet, today's graphical HWO has slight hail and lightning listed... right... This refers to this afternoon, but I am not feeling it or seeing it. Currently the big mess of the action is rolling into southwestern Louisiana. In fact, looks like some big action will happen there, but I happen to be in South Central GA.

As for tomorrow, the big wording from yesterday, including talk of tornadoes and all that has been reduced to a squall event potential. The SPC still mentions southwesterly shear that could support organized and rotating updrafts, which would be capable of producing damaging winds or a tornado or two, but the slight risk area has shrunk further west, and the guys are saying:

ASSOCIATED COLD FRONT THROUGH OUR REGION LATE ON MON AFTERNOON... WITH THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A DECENT PRE-FRONTAL SQUALL LINE IN ITS ADVANCE. CURRENTLY...SPC HAS MUCH OF THE CWA UNDER A SLIGHT RISK FOR SEVERE STORMS...WITH LOW LEVEL INSTABILITY LIKELY BEING THE LIMITING FACTOR.
Bottom line is that with each pass, my chances of a chase tomorrow seem to be diminishing.

Oh, I should mention that I was tagged by Beth Ellen (love the white Thanksgiving coverage, btw...), the question being, "What age would you like your child to stay?" It's a tough question for me, too, but I would have to say that right now, Mini-Dew is at the perfect age, but I have been able to say that at every step. Whatever age she is, that is the perfect age.

My turn to tag:
Queen Annie at "THE LIFE OF A QUEEN" Blog
Jess at "CLOUD STALKER" blog

Thanks to Beth Ellen for thinking about me.

That's all folks.
~Dewdrop

6 comments:

  1. I have been reading, but for some reason was unable to open your comments link for a few days...hmmmm. Anyway, they were all great posts and pictures as usual and you really find unique ways to spend your time! The age I would like for Katie to stay is probably now. She is beginning to blossom into a really nice person who isn't as hyper as the younger version of herself, or as rebellious. Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a clue what the problem was. Sorry. Thanks for the compliment... was that a compliment? Unique ways to spend my time??? Is that a good thing? Katie's settling down?! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that a slight risk SPC creeping up on me tomorrow? Say it isn't so. Come on!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, Mikey, this looks like your ball game, since mine shrunk to almost nothing. Enjoy! You will have to chase on behalf of the rest of us. Make us proud, man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what the problem was either, but your radio wasn't working, and several things were missing from the side of your blog for a few days...could have been really busy server or something...oh well, all is well now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't even pretend to know about these doggone computers. All I know is reboot. Glad it's all better now.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...