The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Twister Sisters Show website!!!

Again, a great big thank you to Bill Doms, who let me know about the Twister Sisters Show Website, linked through the WEtv website. You have got to check out the site. There is a list of video promos here... I am actually in the one called "A Perfect Match". (I'm the one with the big cheese grin gawking at my very first tornadic supercell, borrowed a screen capture here. It links to the video.) Incidentally, Jess is shown right after me in that same promo, then Mr. X after that. Check it out y'all!!! Let me just say, I was handling all this show stuff with considerable grace (imo) until I saw this promo, and now, I am all jittery and nervous and excited. Seeing that brings me right back to my chasecation. I would love to be right back there. The anticipation, the energy, the outflow boundaries, the wall clouds, the supercells!!!! Whew... enough about that... (SUPASTAR!) You will notice on the "Twister Sisters" show website that they show a couple of women (obviously not Peg and Mel) chasing a tornadic supercell in a naked jeep... though the off-road opportunities would be awesomeness to the max in that scenario, the risks of hail, lightning, wind damage and debris, etc. would need to prevail... My recommendation... do not storm chase in a jeep... sorry to disappoint. ;-) Does make for a cool pic though...

Jumping to current, local weather events... holiday travelers (not me, thankfully) are contending with some severe weather possibilities; a nice complex is developing over the plains to western Alabama... Locally though, all we are looking at are likely POPS this evening/tomorrow, with unlikely thunderstorms... but possible. According to the SPC (who have offered up some text for my area for tomorrow)...

LOCALLY GUSTY WINDS OR AN ISOLATED TORNADO WILL BE POSSIBLE WITH A COUPLE OF STRONGER STORMS/LINE SEGMENTS...
Not expecting a severe weather event, but Alabama Mike could get a little something, something today. Still a big shot this Sunday/Monday with that cold front approaching, which could spell severe squalls for us... did I mention what a fan I am of squall events???? Worse yet, timing could make it a night event. Did I mention my extreme dislike for nighttime SQUALL events...?

That's all I have for now. I hope everyone has a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!!!
~Dewdrop

9 comments:

  1. The clip was so cool. Makes me want to go to the Plains. I have never been out there to chase. We might see something over here in Bama, but I don't expect too much major action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly got me fired up about going back!!! I hope you get some action tonight. Call if you need radar support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first real proof that the Dewvoid is alive and well!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea what to expect. We had quite a bit of technical input with the writers but how it cuts will be really interesting to see. In the promos, the majority of the tornado footage was shot by either myself or Reed Timmer going back to 2003. I'm interested to see if any of it works it's way into the episodes for the sake of "making TV". Stay tuned I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving Dew!

    T,J&D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!!! Very cool! Now I can't wait to see it. I'm sure there is something in there that we can give you a hard time about. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rick, Sad, how very true that statement is... Watching the radar this morning... further proof... It all falls apart.

    Bill, I am incredibly anxious to see how it all turned out... it's the whole "making tv" concept that frightens me, but it's out of our hands now, right? Time for us to sit back and watch... I'm sure a ton of your older footage will make it into the show. From what I understand, the stuff they did get while whooting wasn't very well contrasted. You should come on over to South GA for the viewing party!!!

    Happy Thanksgiving Teresa, John and Danielle! Also, everyone else out there. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

    Steve, Have no fear the Happy Dew Dance should be there! I expect much torture from that... not to mention, I did happen to kill every storm out there. Stevoid ain't got nothing on the Dewvoid!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to watching the show. Been seeing the trailers on WE lately as Kersten has that channel on a few times a day.

    I love seeing that "Storm Chasing" is getting some good air time this fall. With the “Storm Chaser” series on Discovery, and now the Twister Sisters Tornado Chasing series on WE, chasing is getting some good exposure. Ahhh! We get to see Dewdrop in action chasing meso’s.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jeff, I can't wait to see it! I am interested to see how they plan to pull it all together. I need to start watching WEtv to get a shot at seeing those promos. I hope I don't make a fool out of myself... (Rick/Steve, not an invitation for you to pick on me! ;-P)

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...