The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Wasn't so bad, the weather is beautiful even if there is none...

(Not my sky today... but I thought I would remind everyone what clouds look like...) Well, my experience with Medicaom (my cable and ISP), wasn't as bad as I had feared it would be. Of course, I sat on hold for ten thousand forevers, but I got my situation handled promptly, once they finally came to the line. I have so many modems in my house handling this and that, that it was just a matter of disconnecting and reconnecting in the correct order after a service interruption. I am glad to have that behind me, and I actually got to watch my show... (I watch my favorite show online now, so I can do it when it's convenient for me.)

My mother had surgery today, and she didn't want me to come up, since there were already so many in the area to take care of her, but I did send her flowers, and I am so excited about the arrangement. You see, my mother refers to Mini-Dew as her little butterfly, and this arrangement has a butterfly fluttering around it, so when she finally recovers from the anasthesia, it should help her to smile. That's what flowers are all about, after all. Incidentally, I have spoken with both my father and the hospital, and she has come out of surgery without incident and is now in recovery awaiting a room assignment. I linked to the florist's site since it's their arrangement, and they were nice enough. While I am talking medicinal stuff, I went for my flu vaccine today... nothing out of the ordinary, I do that every year. This year was different though... AFTER the vaccine was given (in a drive-thru flu shot clinic setting), I was given information about "the shot I was given". The first thing they gave me was a paper about "what you should know about receiving the "INACTIVATED" Flu Vaccine. OK, fair enough... At the next stop, I was given a brochure about Zostavax (Zoster Vaccine Live), apparently a live vaccine to prevent shingles... what? What are they using us as guinea pigs?! Then, my receipt only mentioned that I had been injected with Fluzone, Influenza Virus Vaccine Trivalent - Types A & B, 2007-2008 Formula Sanofi Pasteur. My research tells me that this is an inactive flu vaccine, but I am still bothered about the shingles thing they snuck in there... A live shingles vaccine?!!! If I develop shingles, so help me... Do they even know what they gave me? That's what I would like to know.

Enough about that... looking at local weather... looks like we are facing a brief reprieve from these cooler temps, not quite an Indian Summer, but things are warming up a bit for today and tomorrow:

MANY INLAND AREAS WILL FLIRT WITH THE 80-DEGREE MARK.
Night-time temps won't be dropping near as low as they have been... Very pleasant weather... that is until the cold front makes it on over... Thursday shows some chance POPS, and the temps taking a nose dive... For Thursday and Friday nights, we are once again facing lows in the 30's. Brr... I, for one, plan to try to get out and enjoy what I've got right now. (I really need to get out and shoot some current pics, not that blogger is cooperating, but you know...)

That's all I have for now, folks... welcome to fall in South Georgia.

TTFN,
~Dewdrop

7 comments:

  1. Now you understand why I do not recieve the flu vaccination..;-)
    Glad to see you back on here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey chichadew(lol) This beautiful weather is driving me nuts, at least i had some clouds to look at today. Prayers for a speedy recovery for your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Other than a slightly bruised feeling arm, I seem to be OK... (knocking on wood). Vaccinations haven't impressed me too much since Mini-Dew got Chicken Pox and then Shingles after having had the Chicken Pox "vaccine"... but I have always gotten the flu vaccine, so I figure I will keep that tradition alive.

    Jess, Chickadew!!!! LOVE IT! I will have to work that in. Perfect. The weather may be chocked full of stability, but it is so beautiful. I really enjoyed it yesterday. Thanks for the prayers for my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Rick...the only two times I got the flu in the past 10 years are the years that I took the vaccine. Coincidence? I think not!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's too late guys, I've been injected. Go easy... remind me of this next fall... before the vaccine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your mom is doing fine. I like the butterfly touch. That's what I love about you, you always pay attention to little details that mean so much! I thought shingles were caused by stress...if so they gave you an active stress vaccine...don't think I'll sign up for any of those.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, Annie, that was such a kind thing to say. I try just to do for others as I would like to have done for me. My mother loved the flowers!

    LOL, Annie... too funny! Shingles is actually caused by the same virus that causes chicken pox... oddly enough a herpes virus. After a person has has chicken pox, the virus (usually) lays dormant in the nervous system for years, until shingles is triggered, by stress most times...

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...