The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, November 12, 2007

Doggone Mediacom...

Well, after a full weekend, with no internet, and no real desire to do much about it... looks like I will be spending my evening fighting with Mediacom "customer support"... cough, cough.... hard to say and mean it. I have gone round and round with those morons, so I was really hoping this problem would resolve itself. No such luck. We'll see what happens.

As for the weekend... mostly quiet and relaxing for me. It was quite nice. I went to an improv show on Friday night and had a great time laughing with some dear friends, even got called up to "pose" one of the performers, not as easy as it looks on TV. Apparently, the improv group, only 3 on Friday night, is a full group of 8. I would love to see them all performing. Saturday was a lazy, relaxing day, which was nice. I even performed intense lawn maintenance without incident. Go Dew! It was so cute because the little neigbor boy (you know, the one who was shocked by the frost the other morning?) was riding on the mower with his dad... His dad had the blades up and was allowing his son to steer around on the yard. It was so cute. He was so proud. He would just wave like crazy at me each time we passed. It made me smile big.

On Sunday, I woke up well before the butt crack of dawn and drove up to Vidalia, GA. If you're wondering, where in the world is Vidalia, GA, and who in their right mind would want to go there, better yet leaving well before the butt crack of dawn? You are in good company. Vidalia is in Central GA, about 150 miles from South Central Georgia, and there is absolutely nothing there... except possibly shopping for onions... Mini-Dew had something going on up there though, so that's where I ended up... The sunrise above was captured on my way there... some great open fields on the way up, and I even drove over Hurricane Creek... Pretty cool, huh? The great part of it was that on my return trip, I got to see yet another sun dog. I know that I was freaking out the driver behind me... who it turned out was a friend of mine. I was doing a little bit of "driving by braille" getting my camera all ready. I shot the doggone sun dog though and still made it home in under 2 hours... much to Mr. X's surprise. At least Mini-Dew had faith in me.

Weatherwise, it was a beautiful weekend... The previously discussed upcoming severe weather potential looks to me moving away from here; strong Dewvoid shear is moving it up and away. You know how that goes... Slight POPS mid-week, but definitely not anything to write home about. We can certainly use the rain... that persistent sun and drought is tearing up my yard.

And for my parting message, let me just go ahead and open up this can of worms. Don't hate me because I'm a Democrat. ;-) Thanks Jess, for sharing the pic. Not mine folks... but it certainly earned a good chuckle out of me.Toodaloo,
~Dewdrop

4 comments:

  1. That sign cracks me UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry I missed you this weekend. Hopefully I can get up there again before I have to go back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are recovering well, my dear friend. I totally understand about you not coming up. I will see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope Mini is feeling better. JJ had somthing last week too that lasted about 24-36 hours. That time of year.

    Love the butt crack comment, and some of these internet providers need to kiss some. I swear I went through what your going through now last week. 45 minutes on the phone with a tech asking me if my computer is plugged in. WHAT~!

    Anyways - we need a good east coast storm to talk about, this pattern needs to change!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mini-Dew is doing a lot better. Thanks for asking. Sorry to hear about JJ. Must be that time of year.

    Nothing good about being up before the butt crack of dawn, but I appreciate the fact that you like the comment... lol, and how the ISPs need to kiss some... Computers frustrate the heck out of me.

    We need something to talk about... this weather is aggravating!!!

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...