The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, December 10, 2007

An excursion by the river... and the Twister Sisters show premiere...

Well, I had all sorts of indoor plans on Sunday, but the beautiful springlike weather got the best of me, and I thought a better idea would be to enjoy it while it was there to be enjoyed, so I had the spur of the moment idea to go on a picnic. I had no idea what or where, but I knew I wanted to be outside enjoying the fabulous 80 degree December weather (sorry to rub it in your face, those of you suffering through an ice storm, but it WAS fabulous.) After a quick trip through a drive-thru, we settled on a park by the river. The setting was amazing. Spanish moss dangling from some of the trees lining the riverbed, a mixture of fall foliage and barren trees, a dense bloom of algae forming a blanket of green on the slowly moving, almost stagnant river, fallen logs offering solace for weary turtles, decaying wood providing shelter for a multitude of life. Such a peaceful afternoon, a demonstration of life beyond the hussle-bustle of Christmas. Here, it didn't matter about Christmas sales, messy houses, presents wrapped, decorations hung, holiday traffic... you know the drill... no worries of any of that there. It was magnificent solitude. Here is a summary of the afternoon...It was wonderful. I love afternoons like that... being one with nature. Beautiful spring-like weather... More of the same in the forecast for a while. I plan to enjoy it as much as possible.

I watched the snow and ice on TWC today... heartbreaking... I am so glad to be down here. :0) Y'all enjoy the yucky cold. I'll enjoy my 2nd spring.

The "Twister Sisters" show premieres tomorrow at 10PM on WEtv. I am excited to watch it. Anyone interested in stopping by to watch with me is more than welcome. Just let me know, and I will tell you how to get to my house. My episode airs on January 8th, which will be the big viewing paty, but I plan to watch all of the episodes. Exciting stuff.

Toodle-Dew,
~Dewdrop

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I like days like that too. I think it's good for the soul to get out in the nature in solitude with the Lord and creation. Cool! The weather has been awesome! Birmingham already has a record high today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mike. Word is that Rick and Meso Magnet Mike are out doing the same thing today... lucky dogs. I am so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool excursion! I love doing stuff like that. You are getting much more spontaneous than you used to be! The old Dew would have had to have that picnic planned for weeks beforehand! I still struggle with being spontaneous, if my plans get changed in the slightest I get all cranky and EVERYTHING has to be planned...I need to follow your lead and loosen up. "Jesus said, 'Do the Dew!'" LOL (Can you name the person who said that?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I very much enjoy these wonderful excursions. They are moments that capture the raw essense of life. I am embracing my newly found spontaneity, and I am loving it.

    Whoever coined that phrase (no, I don't know), I love it!!! I say, JUST DEW IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice outing!! You really nailed it about getting away from the traditional hectic Christmas activy at the malls and stores.

    Those pics are really great. It makes me wish I could have gone too! This SDS is killing me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Steve. It was nice to get out and shoot some, even if it wasn't weather... I have decided on a stress-free Christmas this year. I am taking Jesus up on that offering of Peace.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...