The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Just Dew It! Twister Sisters Premiere Tonight... and thick, thick fog...

Well, Mini-Dew woke up last night, sick as a dog... looks like a stomach bug. She hasn't been sick since, but I decided to keep her home for observation and to allow the bug to run its course and avoid infecting the entire student population with this yucky virus. She seems fine, just tired at this point. It's a quick bug, at least.

Aside from that, the big story of the day seems to be fog. Each morning, it has been exceptionally foggy. This morning, I heard from my bf that visibility was down to 100 feet. That has been the big concern of the guys, the ferocious fog... which is still not considered severe weather, Mike... ;0) You see the pic above... that is this morning at about 8:15. The sun is up at that point and working on the fog... the sun has a tough job today. Kelly's AFD is awesome as usual. I enjoyed reading it, as he inserts so much personaility in his wording...

VERY LITTLE SENSIBLE WEATHER TO TALK ABOUT ONCE AGAIN...AS THE FORECAST IS MAINLY A TEMPERATURE FORECAST. THERE IS SOME CONCERN FOR FOG EACH MORNING DURING THE SHORT TERM PERIOD... BUT IT IS EXPECTED ANY SIGNIFICANT FOG SHOULD BE ISOLATED...AS HAS BEEN THE CASE EACH OF THE PAST THREE NIGHTS.
It has been unseasonably warm these last several days, but I am not, by any means, complaining. We are blowing record averages out of the water with this lovely ridge having planted itself in this region shielding us from the horrific ice storms of the north and plains... ewww... Here's how things are looking over here:
...STATION.......TUE.......WED.....AVG HIGH.

TALLAHASSEE FL...80........82.......66

APALACHICOLA FL..78........78.......66

PANAMA CITY FL...80........81.......65

ALBANY GA........80........80.......64
It looks like Wednesday is the day for the ridge to begin to fall apart and temps will start to be a little less excessive. Then, Thursday, a weak cold front moves in, which leans toward a possibility of rain. The big event appears to be forecasted to arrive this weekend, with GFS and Euro both developing a significant winter storm... talk of a squall event here over the weekend and a freeze by Monday. I am so glad that I have been enjoying this terrific weather while it has lasted. Great AFD, Kelly, as usual.

I am anxious to see the "Twister Sisters" premiere tonight on WEtv. I am glad that mine isn't on until later in the season. I can brace myself for whatever lies ahead based on the way they edit these shows. Good golly.

I was checking blogs and discovered that apparently, we have tropical activity... what the? Anyways, thanks to Jeff and Alabama Mike for being on that ball, when I was apparently asleep at the wheel. Welcome Subtropical Storm Olga!

I'd better run... check and see how Mini-Dew is doing. (She feels better, stomach still a little yucky, but much better than yesterday, she says.)

Toodle-Dew,
~Dewdrop

7 comments:

  1. Pretty foggy up here and one of my boys was sick too. Now we can croos our fingers for a white weekend!!! Notice I behaved and didn't use the s**w word on your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope mini-dew is all better, Katie had the same thing Friday night and it only lasted one day--even though she passed it to me and Scott, so it was more like 3 days when we all got done. I can't believe you're enjoying the weather--it makes me say BAH HUMBUG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tis the season to be sick... grr... Mini-Dew is all better.

    Mike, Thanks for observing my no "s" word policy. LOL. I hope you get the white weekend you're wishing for... as long as it's not me, you know?

    Annie, Oh, I hope I don't get it. It'd beginning to feel a lot like summer... ok, ok, a little bit cooler weather would be helpful in getting into the holiday spirit.

    About to watch the show. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ehhh...the show was about what I expected. It does do a pretty good job of depicting chaser life as a drama and not a documentary. I guess my claim to fame will be the first shot of the show was of a tornado I filmed in Kansas back in 2005. Lots of funny stuff. Beau and Eric being labeled as "the geeks" was hilarious along with using the EBS tone to bleep out Beau's potty mouth. We go through the grinder next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankfully, it wasn't as dramatic as I had feared it would be. They sure did slaughter Beau and Eric though... but there were some obvious tensions there anyway. I LMAO with the EBS tone. That was hysterical. Good luck next week. I'm sure Cullen will be the hero.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will look fwd to your full review, Dew... It was better than expected, but I was about to scream at the TV if they showed that little map with the hurricane superimposed one more time....

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, Mike. I am working on a full critique now, as you can imagine. It was a pretty clear statement as to how clueless LA is... sigh. It was entertaining. I'll give it that.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...