The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Twister Sisters episode 2 (The Cullen Show) was very entertaining...

Well, I personally thought "The Cullen Show", with a guest appearance by the Twister Sisters (LOL), was quite entertaining last night. A few times I noticed errors with editing where people started out wearing one thing and ended up wearing another, and my-my, the contrast and type of nader they showed Jess seeing was a whole lot different from the one she showed me... I know, I know, all for the sake of television. Accuracy is not the main concern of the producers. I think it was interesting how much they emphasized Cullen's reaction to the night time event they encountered. I am certain that the reality of it was just a brief nervous/uneasy feeling (yes, yes, Bill, adrenalin) that he responded to by going with his gut (smart kid), staying in the vehicle. He is an exceptionally knowledgable 9 year old with a tremendous wealth of chasing experience, and he is just plain adorable, to boot. I loved how they showed him trying to calm the nerves of the nervous guests at the hotel, "Ladies, it's fine... really, we missed the good stuff... DARN!"... Bill, how staged was that? ;O) Really, I thought that episode 2 of the "Twister Sisters" reality show/"documentary" was a terrific show. There were great chasers cast, not TOO terribly dramatic. I thoroughly enjoyed it! One thing that made me chuckle was when they had Heidi play the weather reporter. It made me chuckle because if that made the show, my Happy Dew Dance could very possibly make it... Yikes.... Mini-Dew was actually late getting into bed, and as she was heading in that direction stopped when she saw Cullen at the beginning of the show, and I couldn't tear her away (woohoo, I'll make a storm chaser of her yet.) Of course, I loved Jess's passion, which was evident from the beginning. The pic above is from when Jess and I went to the Boondocks (literally) before attending a Skywarn class in central Florida together. Way to go, Jess, you are a SUPASTAR!!!

Aside from all that, everyone down this way has their eyes to this weekend's forecast, though the bulk of the SPC's forecast shows everything occurring further west. Don't they know I am going out of town??? lol Generally, looks like tomorrow is still forecast to be relatively wet, nothing major, nothing to even make a dent in the ridiculous deficit we are experiencing. Besides that is the weekend event... wording from the guys is also sort of losing its excitement:

EXPECT A GOOD LINE OF THUNDERSTORMS WITH THIS SYSTEM ON SATURDAY AND WILL NEED TO BE MONITORED.

BEYOND SATURDAY...THIS PATTERN HAS ALLOWED A FEW SYSTEMS IN THE SOUTHERN STREAM TO SNEAK ACROSS THE SOUTHEAST U.S. WITH SOME RAINFALL. HOWEVER BY CHRISTMAS...A PERSISTENT SUB-TROPICAL RIDGE WHICH WILL KEEP TEMPS AT OR ABOVE CLIMO ACROSS OUR AREA.
Tally NWS updated the storm report for the severe weather outbreak of December 15-16th in South Georgia. You can read that very thorough recap by clicking this link.

That's it for now.
Ciao,
~Dewdrop

2 comments:

  1. The hotel scene was not staged at all. I dropped Cullen and Pastore off at the back door out of the wind so they could get the cams in (yes, Original put Cullen to work A LOT) and I got caught in the high outflow winds which took a part of the roof off the hotel across the street. By the time I got back in, the deal with Cullen was already done. He did it all on his own. I wish they would have showed the footage of him talking to the kids who were huddled in the hallway instead.

    Cullen is quirky in he still has a fear of the dark. He is just as scared of the same lamp in the corner of our living room as he is of a storm after the sun sets. Now the next one coming up (daughter) doesn't have the fear and loves to go with dad at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bill. You can never be too sure with the way productions seem to go. Cullen was so impressive. His knowledge was just extraordinary. Really seemed to be an inspiration to Mini-Dew (fingers crossed). Sounds like you'll have a daytime chase partner and a nightime chase partner... :O)

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...