The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, January 21, 2008

Tornadoes in Florida, during my weather strike...

Well, my weekend weather strike while I was down in Tallahassee produced something... thanks Ma Nature... she says sarcastically... One of these tornadoes in west central florida on Saturday was in Jess's neck of the woods. She did the backyard chase thing, but didn't get a funnel.

NEW PORT RICHEY PASCO FL 2825 8272 TORNADO MOVED THROUGH QUICKLY...MINOR DAMAGE TO AREA TREES...DEBRIS BLOWING ALL THROUGHOUT THE AREA
She had a blast videotaping that weather... warning, there is some language in the video that might not be appropriate for children. It seems that something happens everytime I go on weather strike, and wasn't I JUST down there last weekend...? Good grief. I didn't see anything about injuries or damage to property, so hopefully, that is good news, such a populated area...

Aside from that, I got reports of snow up in Atlanta and Winder on Saturday. It started pretty early after a consistent dreary rain event, so the ground was too wet for any accumulation... not to mention the temps weren't quite low enough to support accumulation. The forecast called for 1-3 inches, which I doubt they got, as the snow turned to rain by Saturday afternoon. Oh well, I hope they enjoyed it while it lasted. Here are a couple of pics, taken by my fabulous bf, of the snow event in Atlanta. A beginning of the snow and an after the snow shot. Today, temps are relatively brisk, and the winds are blowing hard, though... my anemometer doesn't believe me on that one. So far, my rain gauge and my anemometer are broken. That stinks, huh? What kind of weather geek am I? Some areas actually experienced a hard freeze last night. Maybe even hit freezing here, but since I slept all morning, I was not able to document any of that. It sure was nice to sleep in though. We have a slight chance of rain this week, that and the freezing temps forecasted for Thursday night are about all the excitment I was able to find in the forecast.

Have a lovely day!!!
~Dewdrop

2 comments:

  1. There was some damage down here, but no injuries. Some cars were busted up when a roof flew on them, and some fences were damaged and so forth. That's about all I heard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Annie, for the update and correction. Being on weather strike really messes up my knowledge of what's happening/has happened. Glad there weren't injuries, but I hate to hear that property was damaged. Flying roofs... interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...