The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Twister Sisters Episode 6, the final episode

I watched the 6th and final episode of the "Twister Sisters" reality tv show on WEtv. I thought it was once again, well done. The producers found it necessary to include yet another segment about chaser/law enforcement relations when Jon Van de Grift and Tony Laubach were accused by local law enforcement of knocking over barricades in Jon's reckless driving through flood waters, causing them to float... hmmm, flood waters, things floating... must have been the "reckless storm chasers", huh? Couldn't possibly be that the water levels rose so high that the stuff was carried away. I wonder if that officer watched the show to see that they actually rescued a stranded motorist??? My heroes! lol It was great for the drama. Tony and Jon seemed to spend most of the show in flood waters. I'm glad they were able to relieve Eric and Beau, though. Those guys were ready to strangle each other by the end of their 4th week. With them airing the Cullen episode prior to the new episode last night, Mini-Dew was able to watch more of the episode and has now decided that she wants to chase with the Twister Sisters. Woohoo! Really, Cullen impresses the heck out of me with his plethora of weather knowledge, far outweighing anything he could possibly learn in school. It's impressive and captivating. I loved the multiple vortex that he captured. It was absolutely incredible! I think that when I finally get to see a tornado, my next goal is a multi-vortex. That was awesome! One thing I noticed to be particularly common in this episode was that some of the tornadoes they dropped into this episode seemed just placed there... and it didn't really make sense at times, why I was seeing a tornado, but I love seeing them, so it was all good. It wasn't a dramatic finale, but I think the show has taken off well. I am anxious to see whether or not they film again this spring. Peggy and Melanie did make an appearance on Jay Leno's show Friday night... That could be promising... Click here for a link to the show...

That said... interesting weather set up for today... not here... but with a high sagging in from the Northeast, blasting north Georgia with cold temperatures and the low in the Gulf invading the region with some much needed rain, it spells ICE for the northern part of the state. That is not good news. For us, only having the Polar airmass approach, temps are rather mild, but with the Arctic airmass hot on its heels, we can expect temps to fall this weekend. If you click on the map here, it should loop the graphic for you. That is what we are looking at now. I am excited about the prospect of rain. We can certainly use it, and we are expecting 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 inches over the course of today and tonight. Widespread severe weather or even thunderstorms is not expected with this low, but wording exists in the SPCs outlook to warrant at least a mention of a chance...

NEVERTHELESS...WIND PROFILES WILL BE QUITE FAVORABLE FOR SUSTAINED SUPERCELLS... AND AMPLE LOW LEVEL SPEED/DIRECTIONAL SHEAR LIKELY WILL BE PRESENT TO SUPPORT LOW-LEVEL STORM ROTATION... DESPITE LIMITED INSTABILITY... EMBEDDED CELLS IN THE SQLN COULD POSE A THREAT FOR LOCALLY DAMAGING WIND GUSTS AND/OR A BRIEF TORNADO OR TWO... MAINLY TONIGHT AND EARLY THURSDAY FROM THE FL PANHANDLE SE TO AROUND TPA
I'll keep an eye on it, but for the time being, I am just looking to enjoy the rain. You can see here that it is just now arriving here.Toodles,
~Dewdrop

2 comments:

  1. hey, been out all week trying to find some work . I just caught up on your blogs, thanks for the link to the jay leno show. That was cool. The girls looked great!
    I havent had a chance to watch the final show but I have it saved on my dvr. I havent posted for awhile, I just havent had time to sit at the computer for to long, just to read spc's and the convetive outlooks,
    oh and I love yor new music nice and mellow for reading. Hope your weekend is awesome!
    Jess.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jess. It was a good show on Leno. They did well with it, but it definitely bodes well for the show that they were "promoting" it on Leno. Melanie cutting up with Arsenio Hall, too cool!

    Good luck finding work. Nothing yet, I guess?

    I am glad you like my music. I usually have it in the background all day.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...