The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Sunday, February 17, 2008

Alabama/Georgia Tornado outbreak

Another tornado outbreak. This time it's Alabama under attack (and now Georgia. So far, 30 tornado reports with some injuries.

Here is a shot of the current radar. I am no longer in the slight risk area, but it is close, and it looks like some action has pulled out ahead. Here is a shot. Man, this February has been active!!~Dew

7 comments:

  1. Have incoming aftermath video from tornadoes today from Edds. Will be online shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I'll have to check that out. I've got a watch here... one cell seems to be flairing up a bit ahead of the line, keeping my eye on it. I will check out the video from Edds tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe some lightning ops from your backyard tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thinking that might be an option. I hate night storms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rolling thunder in the dark rules. Radar looks more linear in your neck of the woods now, so looks like just a hail/wind threat while moving through. Enjoy the overnight sounds of steady rolling thunder and rain. Man we had this last week and I miss it already…

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you get the lightning, Dew? I was watching the storms fall apart as they approached the Dewvoid. Those were some good videos Jeff mentioned.

    It was miracle that (as of now) there were no fatalities in Prattville, AL with 170 homes damaged plus 30 more destroyed...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has fallen apart, but there is some lightning, enough to keep me out of the shower, but I lack the motivation to go out in it to shoot.

    Jim Edds is a terrific videographer.

    I'd better try to get ready.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...