The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, September 29, 2008

While I was twisting....

Another weekend... another weather strike, especially considering the weatherless void I find myself engulfed in... please don't read that as Gulf activity, though plenty of tropical moisture has been feeding across the southern peninsula of Florida, no doubt, keeping Jeff very busy shooting the torrential and persistent rain down there. I do actually see the moisture in the GOM taking on a low presentation in the satellite image, but it looks to be exceptionally sheared, which should destroy any chance at development. So, what happened over the weekend while I was sleeping? Tropical Storm Kyle quickly raced up the Atlantic Ocean, became a hurricane and slammed into Nova Scotia as a minimal hurricane and quickly became extratropical. New England is all wet. This morning, we see the naming of Subtropical Storm Laura. Though she has gotten her start as a subtropical system, she appears to be gradually gaining tropical characteristics throughout the morning, and she could be reclassified as a tropical storm during the course of the day. No big worries... looks like Laura's destined to be a fish storm.

So, what was I doing (since I obviously was not paying any attention to the weather)? Well, my wonderful gtb and I went with his kids to an exhibit of large excavation equipment... bulldozers, backhoes and cement trucks... oh my. I saw it mostly as a photo op. You know me. Here are some shots from there.We also played a little Twister... Thanks to Christine for awarding my blog with the Grrrreat Work Award!!I pay it forward to my entire blogroll! :O) Cheating... I know. Check them all out. I wouldn't have them on the list if they weren't GRRREAT! Thanks, Christine!

Have a lovely day!!!
~Dewdrop

1 comment:

Dew comment, please...