The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Saturday, December 27, 2008

A spring-like winter after a winter-like fall...

OK, so check it out... my wonderful gtb and I were out yesterday evening, after Christmas shopping and I stumbled across a real gem. You see, after seeing my wonderful Wisconsin friend, Beth's, train set around the village and my long-lived desire to have a tree in the front window at Christmas-time, I was inspired to get a small front window tree to place above a small village and train... and place it all on a small tabletop in my front room... well, I didn't figure such a perfect opportunity would present itself as did yesterday. You see, as we were wandering around Target, we stumbled across a small, narrow, self-contained, pre-lit, DEWDROP covered Christmas tree!!! It had my name all over it, literally!!! How perfect is that, especially at 50% off?!! I'll try to remember to catch a picture of it next year. It will be a while before it's a finished set with village and train but with my very perfect dewdrop covered Christmas tree, I am well on my way!

Since this is my weather blog, I will also mention that today there is a moderate risk for severe weather in the mid south... with 4 tornado reports already in Missouri and Illinois with some damage to homes.This warm streak has been amazing. We have been walking around comfortably in short sleeves since Christmas Eve, so it's not surprising that we are seeing spring-like severe weather outbreaks. On Christmas Eve, northern Alabama (Alabama Mike's neck of the woods) saw a couple of tornadoes... crazy weather. We went from the coldest days of the season to tornadoes. Anyways... Alabama Mike has some great coverage of the Christmas Eve tornadoes in Alabama.

I am now getting ready for New Year's, passing time while my wonderful gtb watches his team (FSU) play in the Citrus Bowl.

Tewdles...
~Dewdrop

3 comments:

  1. It was 47 degrees up here today. HEAT WAVE! But it looks like it won't be for long. The National Weather service has issued up a severe weather warning starting about 10pm 1-2 inches of snow an hour until sometime tomorrow. Im glad we had a white Christmas but Im ready for summer LOL I dont see that happening though
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most bizarre weather I've seen in a while. We may very well break the 65 degree record tomorrow. And I don't like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dewdrop..50% off...I would agree..Then again that might even be a conservative estimate!. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...