The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Friday, August 14, 2009

Tropical Waves making waves

Well, Tropical Depression 2 did end up fizzling out, but they are expecting it to make a comeback. Right now, the area of low pressure formerly known as Tropical Depression 2, has a medium likelihood of redevelopment into a tropical cyclone. Actually, the models are turning this one into something with some substance, potentially making landfall as a hurricane during its life, scarily some models draw it into New Orleans. The one on its heels has a greater potential of becoming something... sorry, but I would expect to see that called something soon.

I had an amazing view this morning, with an amazing patch of dimpled-altocumulus-mammatus-like clouds... unfortunately, as the sun rose, they sort of disintegrated into a grey fuzz. Apparently, they didn't have a strong structure, but by golly, while I had the chance, I ran inside for the camera and went to town. I wish they had stuck around for the show, but...The last one shows the dissipating structure, sort of a grey haze. Strange.

Have a bubbly day!
~Dewdrop

2 comments:

  1. Dewdrop, thanks for visiting and naming my clouds! I googled flanking line and also looked up some other stuff I had read on your blog. I like the look of these clouds you have today..I also read about mammatus because you had talked about them before. Fun to learn about this..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are gorgeous clouds, Dewdrop. You are quite a teacher.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...