The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, December 07, 2009

Adventures in exploration

We had a whirlwind weekend (about the only way my wind whirls in my life is just by the shear force my schedule generates...) I was a weather consultant for an event downtown that they almost cancelled because it was raining, until I said... "No, no, the rain is done. Sun is coming out. The show must go on." She trusted me, and lo and behold... sun! Whew. After that frantic preparations for the Christmas parade, which of course, had to coincide with THE COLDEST NIGHT OF THE SEASON! Fortunately, we were early in the line-up, so the warmth from the setting sun was still with us. We didn't completely freeze our tooties off. The long-johns helped. Woke up to 35° in my neck of the woods. YUCK! Dew turns into frost when we start getting those temps... yuck. With much of the country being inundated with snow, it's hard for me to complain too much about our chilly temps, but for south Georgia, it did get awfully cold over the weekend. My wonderful groom and I did have a wonderful time on an impromptu exploration adventure. Of course, I have some pics from that. We found a lovely trail along a creek (river?) complete with a fascinating stone church in construction. It was so charming. Actually, yesterday was a great sky day.The day started with an amazing fiery sunrise, perfectly textured. During our outdoor adventure, we saw a solar halo, and then the evening presented a sunset which rivaled the morning's sunrise.One thing my wonderful groom pointed out to me was the level of water rise during those September floods in Atlanta. You can see the pile of creek/river debris way up in the tree, well above the normal surface level.

Have a beautiful day!
~Dewdrop

1 comment:

  1. Dewdrop, I really enjoy your posts and dig your passion and enthusiasim!! The photo of the sunrise is absolutely stunning and the capture of the solar halo is beautiful...I've never seen anything like that before. Thanks for sharing...keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...