The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, January 10, 2011

Agh! Stay away, cold!!!

Well, the crazy winter storm is sort of consuming the Weather Channel. Unfortunately, where snow and ice are a regular part of winter in some parts of the country, such things in the southeast just aren't frequent enough for these areas to be fully prepared fiscally and resource-wise. Even more unfortunately, this is a bad scenario, given the lack of snow removal equipment and salting mechanisms. The area first received rain which froze in their freezing temps, then, snow piled on top, which might get a slight chance of melting some before sleet and or freezing rain pile on top of all that mess with temps below 32°F until Wednesday. EEK!Fortunately, the bad stuff is staying north of us, but just barely. I'd rather not participate, thank you. I'm content having plenty of milk and bread. Mini-Dew and I did note at least 100 power and tree removal companies headed north out of Florida, while we were headed to and returning from Tampa this weekend. It was good to see them getting ready and realizing the extent of the storm damage. Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana and Tennessee had all declared states of emergency last I heard... apparently Mississippi has "got this". They're special. I think that if I were Governor of Mississippi, I would go ahead and declare that emergency, just in case... you never know.

Speaking of Tampa, while Mini-Dew and I were headed down, I spotted this great patch of cloud iridescence... cool stuff. I think it was part of the 22½° solar halo, but the only patch I saw was this iridescence, so I grabbed my camera.While we were down there, we stopped at a 5 Guys Burgers and Fries to partake in the best burgers in the universe and I decided to grab a skyline shot.Have a bright day!
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...