The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, January 03, 2011

Miss me???

Wow... with limited access, it's hard to be motivated enough to take the measures required to break into blog-world. Sorry, folks. I do love you... it's just such a pain in the kiester. I have been super busy, and we have had very little speakable weather. We had a ridiculous cold-spell, which tried to rob us of our garden-grown tomatoes, but we foiled the plan of the evil frost and rescued our tomatoes and other plants. Unfortunately, the peppers and squash didn't make it. We had a heavy rain on New Year's Day which just about creamed our tomato plant, but once again, I foiled Ma Nature's evil schemes.

New Year's Eve and Day were record setting severe weather days... no, not here, but west of here (way west), there was a deadly outbreak of tornadoes. We just got the (much needed) rain and now, the cool weather, but it's actually quite mild here except for the morning frosts... Our New Year's was atypically uneventful, unless you consider my wonderful groom's rotator cuff/reattached bicep fully involved shoulder surgery. What started out as a likely partial tear 6-week recovery arthroscopy, turned into a 4 1/2" incision, drilled bones, 12-16 week recovery... my poor wonderful groom... he's been a good sport though, recovering well. I hope the doctor's wrong about the recovery time, and we sure would appreciate prayers to that end. We did have minor celebration, but the pain he had sort of took him out of the partying mood. Just as well...

I did get one exciting sky shot in all the time since I've spoken with you last. On Christmas Eve, while we were headed over the river and through the woods, to Grandma's house... I did spy a complete solar halo, complete with LOWER tangent arc. That was quite the treat. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to zoom out enough to capture the whole thing... but here you are... you get the picture.
Have a brilliant day!!!

~Dew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...