The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, October 09, 2006

Imagine my surprise... is that cumulo-nimbus clouds I see???

A surprising sight yesterday, I almost didn't recognize them; it's been so long. As I was headed to church (2nd service... I went twice yesterday - whew...), the sky was filled with sheets of cumulo-nimbus clouds... granted, they were heavy on the cumulo and light on the nimbus, but... I even saw a cumulus tower reaching for heaven (beautiful rarity anymore). Granted it was nothing, but it was a sign of moisture and instability nontheless... A sign of things to come, maybe... (hopefully...)

The National Hurricane Center put out their tropical outlook:


FOR THE NORTH ATLANTIC...CARIBBEAN SEA AND THE GULF OF MEXICO...

TROPICAL STORM FORMATION IS NOT EXPECTED THROUGH TUESDAY.

That is seriously all it said... (deep sigh). My friend actually replaced her avatar on myspace with an image of a hurricane. I caught myself drooling... This season is depriving me. I am so jealous of the Pacific Ocean...

We had an exciting time at a friend's new house this weekend. Bon fire, 4-wheeling, food and friends... It was nice, and the moon was so full and bright. I got some cool fire shots. Here's one:

That's all I have for now. I'll check the FCC database again and see if I'm out there...

73,
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...