The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Friday, March 09, 2007

We don't chase HAIL!

Quick check of the upcoming weather event reveals that it is indeed a hail producer... OK has been slammed with hail, up to 1.0". KS, AR, MO and TX have reported some, but OK is just being hit extra hard with it... Again, I hear the voice of reason shouting at me, "Now, Dew, we don't chase hail!" I know. I know. I won't chase hail... but I want to see it... Hey, I could take Hubby's truck... he wouldn't notice a few more dings, would he?

ST2 had this link posted on his site linking to some some pictures of the aftermath from the recent storm after it ravaged the Americus, Georgia area. Apparently he got the link from a friend of his, but the pictures are humbling. I found this one on Peachtree City's NWS site, hadn't realized there were 12 confirmed tornadoes in the Central GA area (CWA north of us)... it's amazing the power that that storm had... That is the draw for me. I am in awe of mother nature, the power of a tornado as it tosses aside buildings as if they are small toys, the beauty of a cumulus tower as it reaches high into the sky, the colors radiating from a sensational sunset, the intensity of a lightning bolt electrifying anything in its path, the tight rigidity of a strong hurricane maintaining convective rotation around its hollow center of circulation, the howl of a wind gust as it crashes into anything in its path, tearing down trees, bringing waves crashing ashore in a destructive wash... Everything she puts out simply amazes me.

You know something that I've discovered... when the forecast calls for isolated... whatever, I have determined that to mean, that it's not going to happen anywhere near me. Isolated means that it is possibly going to occur in some obscure place, but absolutely, positively nowhere near the Dew... Won't stop me from watching, but I'm not all that encouraged that I'll get anything but rain tomorrow with isolated hail and isolated wind gusts... yep, I know what that means... somewhere else.

I'm going to head to bed so I can watch the progress tomorrow. I am obviously tired and babbling.

Good night.
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...