The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Sunday, April 08, 2007

Someone wake spring up...

Well, it happened... I woke up this morning, just after the sun breached the horizon, to a reading of 31.6 degrees on my weather station. We are actually under a freeze warning until 8:00AM. While letting the doggone dog out this morning, I snapped this picture of the sky. Clouds are making their first appearance since Friday. The guys have removed Precip from the forecast for today, but, nonetheless, our "winter" picnic was cancelled. No pleasure in sitting around shivering, when we can enjoy comfortable temps and a nice Easter worthy meal indoors. I'm still not planning to cook.

Looks like an insignificant rain event coming up for tomorrow, as low level moisture increases. More significantly, on Tuesday, the jet stream is expected to carry in a shortwave that should only be a coastal threat for thunderstorms... meaning that we should get just the much needed rain out of it, which should prepare our ground for the potential severe weather we face on Wednesday, when yet another shortwave and accompanying cold front rolls in, possibly bearing adequate instability and lift to produce some strong to severe thunderstorms... Just what the doctor ordered. It would be the perfect solution to my overwhelming SDS symptoms. Again, I know better than to get my hopes up, in light of the fact that I am geographically located in a weather abyss... the black hole of severe weather... we shall see though. SPC doesn't mention anything on their 4-8 day experimental outlook, but they had it there yesterday, or was that Friday...? Either way, it's gone now.

Last night was a blast. We grilled out, ate in, and had some great fun attempting to sing some of our favorite songs... We sounded awful... as predicted, but we had a terrific time! Here, I posted part of one of the guys performances, a country boy, singing "All Star". He had us rolling. No description I could offer would do it justice. You just have to see it...Hopefully, it will load and be working soon, but I've got to go and watch the Mini-Dew hunt her eggs... my first time using Youtube... bear with me... ahh yes, there it is... I'm the one laughing (and occassionally singing (sorry)... holding the camera... lol Yeah, that was after a few grown-up lemonade beverages... again, sorry.

Happy Easter everyone! Bundle up those little ones for your egg hunts. It's COLD out there!
~Dewdrop

4 comments:

  1. LMAO!! Thats a funny video clip! He's rock'in! Is that you shooting the video and singing? LOL Well we know what part of the song you know well. hehehe!

    What type of lemonade drinks were you having? Mike's Hard Lemonade? Lemon Drops? Looks like you all had a good time.

    Thanks for sharing! I'm still laughing...ahhh bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I plead the 5th, will it give it away that I was the one shooting the video... singing the chorus. We were pretty much singing all the choruses as a group. LOL. Glad you enjoyed it.

    I was having JD's Lynchburg Lemonade... a few too many by the sound of it after reviewing the tape.

    I promise not to sing on a hurricane chase. hee hee...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My ears doeth bleed...Dew I have heard you sing and...uh...well...lololol...No comment..

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, now everyone's a critic... thanks, Jeff for the beaming recommendation... (eye roll) lol

    Rick, ;-P

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...