The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Saturday, July 29, 2006

Thunderstorm Warning

Wouldn't you know it, just as we were pulling into the movie theater, a severe thunderstorm warning is announced for the county just above us (the stuff that dreams are made of). As we are parking, I see an amazing structure to the west. I could hear the thunder rumbling off the storm to the north east of us, and I thought... Do I really have to go see this pirate movie? (which was long and redundant, btw) My chase partner actually took her dd to the same movie at the same time, and when she arrived, the weather was intense. Lucky dog.

Today, we have a 60% chance of Thunderstorms in the afternoon. We have an exciting event planned for this evening. I will attend my first Quinces. Quinces is short for a Quinceanera. It is the coming of age for a girl in the hispanic culture. I went last night to assist with the set up. It's much like a wedding, except no groom. I guess it would be compared to a Sweet Sixteen with a Debutante Ball. (Funny, that reminds me of a Blondie song...)

Anyway, the quinces will preclude me from getting any pictures during the evening hours and most of the afternoon as we get ready. I am looking forward to the event though. I should be able to practice lighting for pictures inside. (Another thing I'm hoping to get out of my digi class). Did I mention, I can't wait for my digital photography class? I hope it's not a total let down...

TTFN,
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...