The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Wednesday, August 16, 2006

You Find Beauty in Ordinary Things

No storms forecast (only 30% POPS), no Tropical activity. The low that was getting organized off NC is now suddenly disorganized. I don't even have any really awesome pics to share today. What's a chaser to do? Folks, I have reached a lull.

I do have a cool thing to share though. The other day, that Friday when hubby was impatient, and we had Chinese (yum), I got a fortune cookie. (What's Chinese without a fortune cookie?) I always read the fortunes, usually adding the "in bed" at the end (just for a laugh - if you haven't tried it, you should, it's a hoot!), but this time, I got a really cool one. It read:


You find beauty in ordinary things. Appreciate this gift.

If that's not the truth... Can't wait to learn how to better capture the beauty that I see. My LL pointed out how amazing it is that these shots we capture are but a brief glimpse. The sky will never again be exactly the same as it was at that moment. Pretty incredible. I pointed out that sometimes, as we take the next turn (as most of my best shots are captured while I am traveling), the perspective changes on what we see, sometimes it steals away your shot, other times, it can be even more magnificent than what you first saw. Perspective is an amazing thing.

My goals now:

1. Multiple-bolt shot
2. Really awesome rainbow shot

My classes start tomorrow!!!

~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...