The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Saturday, October 28, 2006

We were making a difference!

Today is "Make a Difference Day". For us that meant going to the local food bank and volunteering for a couple of hours. They were setting up kits to send to needy families, and we were breaking down the boxes for disposal. There were hundreds of people out there. It was truly touching for all those folks to be out there making a difference. Darling daughter said she would be happy to never have to see another box again. LOL!

It was so cold!!! That cold front rolled in quickly, and it brought with it wind, major wind! We were actually shivering outside. I didn't expect to be cold that fast, but I know that system ended up pushing forward a lot faster than I had been expecting after I had been watching it sweep across the country on radar.

Tonight, it's the haunted house. Brrr... It's supposed to get down into the 40's. That's just not natural. You know? We're in South Georgia!!! I'd better layer.

I took some pictures of kids today jumping on the trampoline, while I was under it. It was pretty cool. None of them came out good enough to share here, but they'll be fun to play with scrapbooking. I took this picture a year ago on the way home from Nemo on Ice. I love the colors.

Weather looks boring until possibly Wednesday. I feel so deprived. I think I'm going through withdrawals. You know, today is the 15 year anniversary of the "perfect storm"? Yeah, I know that was back in the days when we actually had hurricanes... I really enjoyed the movie about it.

That's all I have. Try to stay warm.
ttfn,
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...