The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!!!

Merry Christmas!!! We made it through everything safely. Of course it rained the whole way home, and there was some ferocious wind. At some point (after 3:30AM), we lost power, but I don't remember it. When I finally went to sleep, I was out like a light until darling daughter came in boasting, "Wake up, Mommy! It's 8:13!" Like I had overslept... Looking at GRL3, I see now what caused the power to go out. We had quite a squall line pass through, and I slept right through it... figures. Unfortunately for 5 families in Lake City, a tornado ruined their Christmas... I don't know if there were any injuries, but 5 homes were demolished. What a terrible way to wake up Christmas morning, or any morning for that matter, but my heart goes out to those families. Jacksonville is about to get that line. We're out of the tornado watch area now..., but tornado watches still paint just about the whole south-eastern coast including most of Florida. I can't believe I slept through it. Looks like the bulk of the line coming in off the gulf is past us, and the rest will be rolling in further south in Florida. JG, looks like it's yours now; have a ball chasing that one! Merry Christmas and be safe. It does look like the time for our main event is over. We might get some isolated cells, but nothing consistent... What a line it was/is...

Just a few minutes ago, darling daughter discovered that her beloved hamster, Cinnamon, died during the night. We had checked on him when we got home, and he wasn't doing well, but he was breathing. This morning didn't bear the same outcome. Darling daughter is crushed. She got Cinnamon 2 years ago today from Santa, and has loved him dearly since that time. I promised her that tomorrow we will seek out another hamster. How sad to lose your favorite pet on Christmas. Poor darling daughter. On top of that, her Heely's (the gift she wanted above all else) don't fit... She's not having the best of days. Poor dear.

I, on the other hand, got for Christmas... no, not a Garmin, but I did get a Stormtracker Series (by Vector) Weather Alert Radio-TV with AM/FM Weather Alert Radio, LED Lights, Cell Phone Charger, Specific Area Message encoding for my county or multiple counties, a hand crank for backup power supply... It's pretty awesome. I can't wait to try it out.

Anyway, that's all I've got for now. I hope everyone has a safe, wonderful Christmas. Remember rule #2 of chasing. Be smart. Live to chase another day.

~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...