The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Nada, zilch, nunca, nothing...

NWS's Kelly G. offered a very thorough and detailed discussion for the next several days. It's heart breaking, but a good discussion, nonetheless, talking about Sunday: DUE TO THE QUICK MOVEMENT OF THIS STORM SYSTEM (ONCE IT STARTS MOVING) OUR LOCAL AIRMASS WILL ONLY HAVE ABOUT 18 TO 24 HOURS TIME TO DESTABILIZE AND RECOVER FROM DEWPOINTS DOWN IN THE LOW 30S SUNDAY MORNING. THIS GREATLY REDUCES THE RISK OF THUNDERSTORMS AND/OR SEVERE WEATHER. DESPITE THE FACT THAT THIS SYSTEM OFFERS EXCELLENT DYNAMICS (60 KT 850MB JET) BY SUNDAY NIGHT...INSTABILITY APPEARS TO BE ALMOST NON-EXISTENT. LIFTED INDICIES ARE NEAR ZERO OR SLIGHTLY POSITIVE WITH CAPE LESS THAN 100 J/KG ACROSS THE CWA. No lift, no instability... no fun. Oh well. We will eventually be reminded what thunder sounds like, right? SDS hitting hard. On a more positive note, I've got Mini-Dew reading the weather data off the weather station in the mornings now before she asks me whether or not she should wear long or short sleeves. Today, she came into the room and said, "It's 43.8 degrees outside, kind of cold." Yeah, you think? I know my fingers currently feel like Dewdrop-cicles.

Practice was, in fact, cancelled yesterday, due to the terribly dreary and increasingly cold conditions. We, instead, were able to make the GS meeting. Deadline for cookies is Monday, I was reminded. Was watching a commercial last night showing Seinfield reruns and it was the one with the Soup Nazi, "No Soup for you!" All I could think was, "No Cookies for You!" Had to laugh. Get those cookie orders in, folks.

With nothing going on weather-wise, and a terribly busy competition schedule approaching, I am feeling deprived and stressed. If an opportunity presents itself, I am going to try to get in a photo shoot and try to relieve some stress. Talking to my Winder friend this morning, she said they are talking about snow up that way for tonight. They have a wintery mix forecasted and freezing rain tomorrow. I would love to capture some snow pictures, but my first trip for pictures will be that waterfall excursion. I can hear them calling my name. It would be great to get snow and waterfalls on the same trip, except for my amount of hiking that has to be done to get to some of these waterfalls... good thing I have all weather shoes now...

73,
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...