The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Sunday, February 18, 2007

...and I missed it...the sleep was so worth it though

What?! Huh?! Where did this one come from? Borrowed this pic from st2. Thanks, st2... I totally slept through this event, totally. I hit the bed at about 2200 and just woke up about 30 minutes ago (boy, did I need sleep...). After reading about this clipper system from several sources (at least someone's on the ball, if not me)... I had to find out exactly what I missed... It looks like that line SE of Apalachicola (I think I spell that differently every time I write it) would have probably settled by the time it got here, offering only a rain event if anything. I don't really know what we got because my rain gauge is in the sink after being splattered with icing after I brought it in to thaw Friday night... Yes, folks, I seriously missed this one.

..SERN COAST...
CLIPPER SYSTEM CONTINUES TO RAPIDLY TRANSLATE EWD ACROSS THE CAROLINAS AND DEEP SOUTH THIS EVENING. AHEAD OF THIS FEATURE...WEAKLY MODIFIED GULF BOUNDARY LAYER MOISTURE HAS SPREAD NEWD WITH SFC DEW POINTS IN THE MID 30S TO NEAR 40 DEG F COMMON. ALOFT...STEEPER LAPSE RATES WERE SPREADING EWD N OF THE CYCLONIC UPPER LEVEL JET... RESULTING IN SUFFICIENT INSTABILITY TO SUPPORT BANDS OF CONVECTION. GIVEN THE STRONG LARGE SCALE ASCENT ASSOCD WITH THE IMPULSE...THERE WILL BE A TENDENCY FOR SPORADIC BURSTS OF LIGHTNING THIS EVENING ALONG THE NRN EDGE OF THE MORE SUBSTANTIAL BUOYANCY... NAMELY SWRN GA... EXTREME SERN AL AND THE FL PNHDL. OTHERWISE...HIGHEST TSTM PROBABILITIES SHOULD REMAIN WELL OFFSHORE ALONG THE GULF STREAM AS COLD H5 TEMPERATURES SPREAD EWD TONIGHT. Sounds like SW GA got the brunt of it. Oh well, the sleep was so worth it. Much needed and long overdue.

As for today... my little anemometer is about to get a workout. It's already spinning pretty good, and only 6mph wind are being recorded. We are supposed to have 20 - 30 mph winds though (but of course... we have cookie sales this afternoon...)
...BLUSTERY DAY WITH ANOTHER ROUND OF HARD FREEZING TEMPERATURES
POSSIBLE FOR TONIGHT...TEMPERATURES ARE SLOWLY BEGINNING TO WARM UP...BUT WILL STRUGGLE TO APPROACH THE 50 DEGREE MARK GIVEN THE STRENGTH OF THE COLD ADVECTION BEHIND THIS SYSTEM. ADDITIONALLY...THE STRONG WINDS TODAY WILL MAKE IT FEEL EVEN WORSE. ALREADY SEEING MANY OF THE OBSERVATIONS AROUND THE REGION REPORT GUSTS TO 20 TO 25 KNOTS AND EXPECT THESE TO COME UP JUST A LITTLE BIT MORE THROUGH THE MORNING HOURS. WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO GRADUALLY SUBSIDE BY LATE AFTERNOON AS THE SURFACE HIGH PRESSURE AREA OVER COASTAL TEXAS MOVES EASTWARD AND RELAXES THE SURFACE PRESSURE GRADIENT. Gee, Kelly, that's not at all what I wanted to read. I should have mentioned that I needed nice weather for today. I am not digging the cookie selling weather that we face for today. Lake wind advisory in effect. Doggone... today of all days. I will be standing outside for 4 hours in the windy, blustery cold with the Mini-Dew, who I am sure has had little to no sleep over the past two nights. Should be fun... Bundle up, it's cold out there... chap stick, a must.

As for me, I need to clean my house. It looks like a bomb went off inside... actually it was just 13 very energetic little girls. I made some headway yesterday, but it's a long road to recovery... plus, I have 235 boxes of Girl Scout Cookies filling my scrapbooking room. I'll need to sort those out, too. Looks like a busy day ahead, so much for the day of rest. I guess that was last night.

Toodles,
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...