The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, February 26, 2007

The battle of the seasons...

First, let me start by saying that Mediacom employs a bunch of fools. It started out for me with no phone service, which we called in... the problem wasn't resolved, so we called again. After talking to 3 different techs and a supervisor, hearing 4 different reasons for our problem and suffering a loss of internet service in the process... I am fit to be tied. Bottom line... I have no phone and no internet and those morons can't even tell me when I will... deep breaths...

Aside from that, was watching TWC this morning and saw where the small communities of Dumas and Back Gate, AR, really took a beating over the weekend with the severe weather that rolled through that area on Saturday, the tornado there was rated an EF-3. They were reporting 40 people injured, 2 children critical. It's so sad to hear about, and to know how devastated those people must feel. (Makes you stop and realize how blessed you are right now.) Here is a link to a photographic depiction of the damage in Dumas, AR and the preliminary tornado survey report. You see there was actually a second torndo near the first, rated an EF-1. May God be with those folks as they heal and rebuild. That certainly is the dark side of severe weather.

Regarding Thursday/Friday...
ALSO...GFS WITH H5 AND H85 JETS JUXTAPOSED WELL AT THIS TIME SO CANNOT COUNT OUT SEVERE WX THREAT. Now, they're just teasing me. Again, I don't get my hopes up anymore, so if it happens, it happens. Really, with regard to that timing, I don't know if hubby will be sufficiently healed after his surgery tomorrow. Speaking of that, I won't be blogging for a couple of days... I will be out of the loop, totally. Continued prayers would very much be appreciated.

The battle of the seasons has begun. Weather today is forecast to be warm and mostly sunny... I can deal with that. Drove to Mini-Dew's school this AM amidst dense patchy fog, the worst I have seen in many months. My visibility was cut to nil in some sections of the trip, but it lifted quickly as the sun rose.

Got a note about a blog being hosted by the NWS-TLH that should be up soon, very soon. Will post a link when that is up and running. Thanks, Kelly. Also, if anyone in South Georgia would be interested in local spotter classes, send me an email (you do that by going through "View My Profile" in the right sidebar). I am trying to get an idea for those NWS guys regarding how much interest there is locally.

Have a great day! I'll be back when I can be.
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...