The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Sunday, February 25, 2007

Who killed the storm???

OK, so I'm all geared up and ready for the main event after Sunday service and some yummy crab rangoons, that is, and I stop off at the house, to check the radar to see where it's at... wouldn't you know it, it's gone, dissolved into almost nothing... Sure, there are some cells creeping up my way out of Gulf, but nothing chase-worthy. What happened to that beautiful squall line from yesterday, or even the limited stuff that was out there this morning? Where has all the convection gone? Oh well, I have been down this road before. I know how it goes. Fortunately, this time, I didn't get my hopes up too high. I know what a slight risk means... darn. No chase for me. I'll just wait here for those little convective cells to head up this way (if they are even going to), drop their moisture and move on... perhaps I might see a flash or two of lightning... doubtful.
.SHORT TERM...BROKEN LINE OF SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS CONTINUES TO TREK ACROSS THE FORECAST AREA THIS AFTERNOON. LACK OF SUNSHINE HAS HAMPERED INSTABILITY AVAILABLE TO THE LINE. BULK OF UPPER DYNAMICS HAVE ALSO PULLED WELL NORTH OF THE AREA SO HAVE YET TO SEE ANYTHING APPROACHING SEVERE CRITERIA. STILL CANT RULE OUT A
STRONG STORM OR TWO OVER THE EASTERN THIRD OF THE AREA THROUGH THE REST OF THE AFTERNOON AS THIS AREA DID GET A LITTLE SUN TODAY WITH TEMPS WARMING INTO THE LOWER 70S.

Next event, albeit a small chance at anything real: LONG TERM...RETURN FLOW INCREASES THURSDAY AHEAD OF THE NEXT SYSTEM WITH SHOWERS POSSIBLY DEVELOPING OVER SOUTH GEORGIA. FRONT NOW LOOKS TO MOVE THROUGH AREA THURSDAY NIGHT INTO FRIDAY WITH SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. THIS FRONT MAY END OF STALLING CLOSE TO THE AREA WITH WEATHER POSSIBLY REMAINING UNSETTLED INTO THE WEEKEND.


1620 Update: LARGE-SCALE FORCING IS BEING ACCOMPANIED BY SLOWLY INTENSIFYING CONVECTIVE DEVELOPMENT AHEAD OF PRE-FRONTAL CONFLUENCE...FROM SOUTHERN GEORGIA INTO THE SOUTH CAROLINA PIEDMONT. DESPITE LIMITED DESTABILIZATION...THIS PROBABLY WILL CONTINUE... Cool, and I just heard thunder. :-)

sighing in South Georgia...
~Dewdrop

2 comments:

  1. It hurts so much. I know all too well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After my last disappointment, I knew better than to get my hopes up this time... though, I was sitting there in my chase shoes and jeans, my limited gear all loaded, ready to go when the radar shouted at me, "Ha ha, what are you gonna chase?" I think I actually saw it stick its tongue out at me... lol

    ~Dew

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...