The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Friday, March 16, 2007

Owning up to it...

Adding another cool forecaster to my list, Jeff F. It's great when someone can say that they were wrong, and when you're forecasting weather, it's an all too common thing, right. Hard to accurately predict mother nature all the time... she likes to pull some fast ones. Though, it's good to see someone admitting it, not the first time I've seen it, but I thought I'd spotlight it because it impresses me: THE LOW CLOUD DECK WAS MORE EXTENSIVE THAN I REALIZED WHEN I UPDATED THE FORECAST THIS MORNING (BEFORE VISIBLE IMAGERY WAS AVAILABLE)...SO IT HAS NOT GOTTEN AS WARM AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD ACROSS THE FL BIG BEND. Now, here's the part that really stinks: THE HIGHER WINDS (10-15 KT) TONIGHT WILL MAKE IT FEEL EVEN COLDER...BUT IT WILL ALSO KEEP THE ACTUAL AIR TEMPERATURES FROM GETTING NEAR FREEZING. TEMPERATURES WILL BE BELOW AVERAGE SATURDAY AND SUNDAY. THERE IS A CHANCE FOR A BRIEF FREEZE IN THE NORMALLY COLDEST INLAND LOCATIONS (AWAY FROM THE CITY) SUNDAY MORNING...BUT IT MAY BE SO SPOTTY AND BRIEF THAT A FREEZE WATCH MAY NOT BE NEEDED. AFTER ANOTHER COOL START ON MONDAY MORNING...A GRADUAL WARMING TREND WILL BEGIN AS THE UPPER TROPOSPHERIC FLOW BECOMES ZONAL. We all know how I feel about the cold. I have expressed those feelings frequently. Not looking forward to shivering at the yard sale tomorrow. I'll need to remember to bring gloves, so my fingers don't fall off...

As for prospects:
BASED ON THESE LATEST GUIDANCE RUNS...THE FORECAST AREA MAY STAY GENERALLY DRY AND WARM INTO EARLY NEXT WEEKEND. Nothing on the horizon.

Have a fabulous weekend. I'll be posting late tomorrow, more than likely, hopefully with some cool pics.

Toodles,
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...