The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Friday, April 06, 2007

The Dew... on the Hurricane Hunter??

Have I mentioned that I love longer days...? This was my view leaving the office late yesterday evening. It was after 8:00 PM, and the remnants of the sunset were just breathtaking. I am grateful to have had the opportunity to appreciate it. I need to take a few of these evening ops and chase the sun.

Locally, here's what we've got on order... per the guys:
WITH LOW PRESSURE CENTERED OVER THE CNTRL GULF OF MEXICO SUNDAY NIGHT. ISENTROPIC UPGLIDE WILL INCREASE AHEAD OF THIS SYSTEM...WITH RAIN DEVELOPING OVER THE PANHANDLE ZONES BY SUNDAY AFTERNOON...AND SPREADING ACROSS THE REMAINDER OF THE BIG BEND SUNDAY NIGHT. We'll see what comes of that one. They are still putting our next system at midweek, so I will monitor both, so "stay tuned" for updates.

THE MAIN CONCERN DURING THE SHORT TERM WILL BE THE UNSEASONABLY COLD TEMPS. THE NEXT FEW NIGHTS WILL FEEL QUITE CHILLY...MORE TYPICAL OF JAN/FEB. You're not kidding, woke this morning to a 41 degree reading on my weather station, and it's just going to get colder as the weekend progresses. I didn't need to send the Mini-Dew to camp because hubby gets Good Friday off... (who gets Good Friday off?), so she was all bent out of shape because they were told that they'd be able to swim today, which is preposterous because the temps are entirely too low for swimming! As a result, I had to settle Mini-Dew down this morning before leaving the office, since she thought she would miss the swimming. A high of 67, I think not, especially with thick cloud cover blocking the warmth that the sun would offer!

Oh, and that reminds me, one of Mini-Dew's friends' parents were at the house last night picking up his girls. He always argues with me about weather, and when I warned that I thought it would be too cold for the girls to swim at camp today, he argued, yet again... he firmly argued that temps would be in the mid-80's... whatever! I am pretty sure he was just arguing because he enjoys it, but in the process of all that arguing, I learned that he studied meteorology in the Navy. Not only that, he was responsible for climatology data, launching weather sounding balloons off the ships, and, as if that wasn't cool enough, he flew on a Hurricane Hunter flight into a low pressure system off the Gulf!!! Why didn't I know this before???? Probably because my eyes glazed over and ears found some form of distraction each time he and hubby talked military stuff... but I was so surprised. The man knows weather, and I knew nothing of this... I asked him if he still has friends that can at least get me on a Hurricane Hunter plane. I know flying in one is a whole different ball game. He will see what he can do... Imagine... When he learned that I am gearing up for storm chasing, he laughingly said in jest, so you'll be cruising around town in your mini-van with a big whip antenna on top, talking to all the hams chasing tornadoes...? I proceeded to show him my antenna. If he hooks me up with the Hurricane Hunter, I'll let you know.

Hey, have a Good Friday!
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...