The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Skywarn... Chasing... really???

Look what I just stumbled upon... a pretty cool Skywarn Chasing Guide... I'll have to permalink it, but I thought it was pretty awesome. Thanks for the site, David... love it. Apparently, it's normal to get chasing in your blood... natural progression, absolutely!

More cool stuff... I spent a part of this evening talking with Kelly about the prospect of starting a Skywarn team in this area. He and I both agreed that there is tremendous value in having a Skywarn spotter team, for the sake of connectivity, fluid communication, current training, active weather discussion and the promotion of Skywarn. Now, we're just working through the details, but look for more information about that starting up soon. I think it will be a huge and much needed contribution to our community, so, of course, I am extremely excited.

I also got some help with my blog from my lightning shooting, hail faking, international chaser friend, Mike. Thanks, Mike. You were a tremendous help! Hope y'all like what I did with the place.

Hubby just finished connecting my mobile radio to the battery. He had some trouble with the alarm after he detached the battery, but all's well that ends well, and tomorrow, I will be talking to Dr. BS, so he can get me live, now that I know how to turn the blasted thing on... So, tomorrow, I should be live on the air. Now, that's exciting! I just hope I can connect with a repeater from my house... especially on the portable (not really ready to set up the all out radio shack for communication with hubby during chases). The ARES EC has already promised me a spot on the roster, too.

That's all I've got for now... until tomorrow.
~Dewdrop

6 comments:

  1. This is the best spotter guide out there imo...and not just because David is a friend of mine. I've forwarded it to everybody that ever asks me about wanting to learn more about severe storms. It's also in printed format and resides in the lobby of our SDS Treatment Facility. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Site is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great new look on your site. I can't beleive all the suttle changes that when combined really make it shine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve, I'll have to check it out during my scheduled appointment... It is a great guide! David did a great job pulling it together.

    JG, Thanks! I haven't gotten the tunes to work yet. I finally gave up last night when I saw that I had been working on it for a couple of hours... and still didn't have it...

    HB, Are you yanking my chain? Which subtle change was your favorite??? lol

    Thanks for the visit, y'all!
    ~Dew

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually have some updates planned for that site. I am in the process of making a shot list we need so we can have images in it that we control the copyright on BECAUSE, I want to offer it in pdf format and possibly...drum roll...a video version! Because so many photographers are on it now the copyright situation is a nightmare to take it any further than what it is right now...thus the reason we need to fill it up with our own shots just to make that easy. So, there are some planned upgrades for that....I just don't know about the timeframe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome plans! Let me know when you get it all worked through, whenever that may be. I'll be glad to post a link, and I'd be personally interested in watching it. Hey, and you could get it to play in all the rooms at the SDS treatment facility... ;-)

    Thanks for the visit.

    ~Dew

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...