The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Friday, May 18, 2007

Dry... not helping things with the Bugaboo Fire...

This weather pattern is the pits. I don't believe that I have ever seen the entire CWA under Red Flag Conditions. This is not good news, folks. The ridge is expected to settle over our area, offering up warm and dry conditions with low relative humidity and dewpoints, which will only fuel the Bugaboo fire now covering about 120,000 acres... Fortunately for us, the smoke plume is being driven by a North and Northwest wind in the opposite direction from us today, but knowing what it's like, my heart breaks for the folks in its path. We need a nice tropical system to roll through with abundant moisture and just wash those fires away. That's what we need. What are we going to get...? Well... according to the guys at my local NWS in Tallahassee... it is not looking like rain. In fact, it is looking mighty dry for a while... even in the long term, they are saying:

THE EXTENDED PERIOD IS NOT TOO PROMISING FOR ANY SIGNIFICANT RAINFALL AS WELL...AS SFC RIDGING WILL BECOME WEAK BUT UPPER RIDGING WILL BE REPLACING THE CURRENT TROF. THESE CONDITIONS SHOULD ALLOW FOR SEA BREEZE DEVELOPMENT EACH DAY...BUT IT IS STILL A BIT TOO EARLY IN THE SEASON FOR THE SEA BREEZE CIRCULATION TO BECOME CONVECTIVELY ACTIVE ON ITS OWN...IN THE ABSENCE OF ADDITIONAL FORCING. THE NEXT COLD FRONT MAY APPROACH THE REGION BY THURSDAY OR FRIDAY OF NEXT WEEK...BUT IT ALREADY LOOKS QUITE FEEBLE AND MOISTURE STARVED 7 DAYS OUT.
What we might get looks to be FEEBLE AND MOISTURE STARVED???!!! No rain for the next week in addition to what we've already lacked?! Good grief! Great wording on Ken's point though, really drives home the point... It's hopeless! No RAIN for YOU!!! This is the most ridiculous weather pattern ever! I just can't believe it. It's really starting to get to me.

On to better thoughts... got a call from my friend Jess last night, who received some great news from the producer of the Storm Chasing Reality Show with the Twister Sisters. You see, the ridiculous weather pattern had temporarily squelched her hopes and dreams as she was told her trip was cancelled due to lack of weather... well, with the nice system setting up for next week over South Dakota, game on. She leaves Sunday for the most wonderful adventure of her life. I am so very excited for her!!! ...and with her going first, she can fill me in on what to expect during my trip. I am so proud of her courage! It truly is an opportunity of a lifetime!!! You go, girl! I am so happy and excited for you, Jess!

That's it for me for today. Have a crazy weekend with the Mini-Dew participating in an exhibition. Should keep me very busy... I also want to tackle my very neglected house.

Ciao,
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...