The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Thursday, May 17, 2007

I'm sick of all the smoke and no rain...

OK, OK, so I haven't given up on storm chasing, but I really do feel like I am being punished for something, and for some reason, the entire region is suffering along with me. I can be patient. I know my day will come. I have confidence in that.

I was just visiting the NHC site, and I read this:
A DEVELOPING MIDDLE TO UPPER LEVEL CYCLONIC CIRCULATION CENTER IS NEAR 29N75W...PASSES OVER THE BAHAMAS... Well, a prospective Barry is just what Dr. SDS ordered, right? I nice little cane or a tropical system, even, would serve well to put a "damp"er on these ridiculous fires. Sadly, with that cold front sweeping through last night and today without dropping the rain, it will only serve to make the situation much worse. The impending dry air and low relative humidity will serve to fuel the ongoing fires. How awful!

Some glimmer of hope from the guys at NWS... Some deep moisture and energy associated still with this passing front should interact with daytime heating to possibly generate scattered showers and thunderstorms in this area. I promise, I won't let it know I'm in town. lol. I hope we get something. Won't be a fire extinguisher... won't be a drought buster... but it could offer something.

Man, this smoke is really getting me down.

Update: The afternoon AFD has just been released... doggone Tim, the heart-breaker, warned me to break out the tissues prior to reading, but how could I possibly prepare for this...?
MOST INLAND LOCATIONS WILL BE RAIN FREE FOR THE REMAINDER OF THIS AFTERNOON. Sniffle, sniffle. That's harsh. Then, he goes on to say that smoke may "spoil" the start to our weekend. A man of few words, but when he does say something, it's a doozy. Tim, Tim, Tim... (shaking head.)

Toodles...
~Dewdrop

7 comments:

  1. Low dewpoints and less than 500 j/kg of CAPE spelled for no storms here in NC last night either....I would have to have gone as far as DC to find any decent storms.

    SCM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, that's dedication to the chasing cause! 500j/kg, pretty sad CAPE... we're so deprived!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly don't know the weather lingo, lol... but I hope you get some action soon! Maybe the smoke will clear out soon for you :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s, thanks for the blog advice, will try it next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dew, what was the site where you get the music player? I deleted mine and cant remember the sites name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nciole, Here's hoping... I hope the advice helps.

    Rick, loudfusion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks. Looking to place some music on my photoblog.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...