The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Looking forward... what's the crystal ball saying...?

Just SPCing it, I see that severe weather is forecast in the plains through Sunday... you know, the day I am supposed to land out there... not chase days. I am going to stay as optimistic as possible though, as Carolina Mike has instructed. I promise I'll stay as positive as I can can despite the (I know, I know, frequently wrong in long-term) GFS.

What do we have here, another SPS...! Ahh, yes, smoke, here, thick. This morning's trip to work was very smoke filled offering visibilities in the 1/4 to 1/2 mile, or perhaps even less. It has eased up considerably as this morning has progressed. Yesterday, I was pleased to actually see the sun, the clouds, and last night, the stars. It was a welcome site... one that I have missed.

Beyond the smoke, our local forecast looks like this. It's nutso, so bear with me... and it's also a long shot, but the recent GFS is

DEVELOPING A RELATIVELY STRONG LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM IN THE CENTRAL GULF... AND TAKING IT RAPIDLY TOWARD OUR AREA FRIDAY NIGHT. THIS WOULD RESULT IN RAPIDLY INCREASING RAIN CHANCES AND WINDS. THIS SOLUTION IS AN OUTLIER AND A RADICAL DEPARTURE FROM WHAT WE HAVE BEEN FORECASTING.
I had to quote that because I gasped when I read it. I can hear Carolina Mike, DON'T BELIEVE THE GFS! WHEN IS THE GFS EVER RIGHT IN THE LONG TERM?! The guys are much more inclined to follow the Euro with regard to a much weaker low forming and working its way toward the Central Floridian peninsula, which wouldn't be as drastic in our favor, but we can't completely ignore the GFS, which by the way, also shows potential for our typical afternoon showers in the long term, yes, yes, while I am gone... let's not go there.

I have had a new version of my will executed, so if I get a little too close to the action, everything is in place. Countdown... 4 days!!!

It has taken me a while to get this post up today, with all the interruptions (doggone work), so I am going to go ahead and hit the publish button. I know it's late. Sorry.

Toodaloo,
~Dewdrop

9 comments:

  1. Nice post as always Dew. We can count on you to Dew one pretty much every day, can't we! Better late than never. We got your smoke over here in Bama. JB Elliott said we should get a big fan and blow it back (not to make light of your bad situation).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... that's sweet, Mike. I see blue skies... you must have all our smoke. Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrell County has the smoke too. Be careful on your trip, Dew. Maybe we will get some rain and none of us will have to worry about the smoke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must have gotten our smoke, too. It's craziness! Time for the rain to fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well well...Dawn is alive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, lay off my guests... she must have real work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! Anybody gawking at the latest NAM? It has a big time gully washer, frog strangler, and turd floater system moving up towards ya'll from the tropics!! And just in time for Dew's departure! LOL!!

    Am I hallucinating?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I don't know about real work but it does keep me real busy. You know, as much as I want rain at my house, if it would just rain enough to put out the fires and kill the smoke, I would be happy. (Thanks for sticking up for me, Dew)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Steve, With me heading out, should be a real juicy tropical gusher.

    Dawn, Anytime, Dawn. Us ladies have to stick together!

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...