The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Smoke... smoke... and more smoke, but we need rain

Man, am I ever behind!!! My mornings are so full anymore, I hardly get around to updating my blog. Today's story, as a continuation of the last several days is SMOKE. I know... I know... shocking! The smoke is starting to fuzz up my head. When I went into the grocery store last night, it was getting bad, but when I stepped out a short while later (OK, perhaps a long while later), it had filled in so thick that I could hardly breathe. Ash was falling all over the place, covering my vehicle in a pollen-like blanket of mess. I am so tired of smoke. I am hearing that it should blow to our north though, which is a relief. Hope you're not just "blowing smoke", Tim. ;-) We deserve a break.

Convection is starting to form well to the south and west of here and then you can see the solid line of convection moving ahead of that front well to the north. Showers are expected to breach the area late this evening and tonight, and things will scatter when that happens... of course. As things approach Dew-territory, they are certain to fall apart, as they Dew tend to Dew.

QPF VALUES DO NOT OFFER MUCH HOPE FOR THE MUCH NEEDED RAIN EITHER. THEREFORE...DO NOT EXPECT A WIDESPREAD RAIN EVENT WITH THIS SYSTEM
It's honestly heart breaking.

We'll see what happens. I know that with me in the general area, that not much will come this way, but I'll keep an eye on things just in case. What?! It can happen!

I've got to run now.

Toodles,
~Dewdrop

5 comments:

  1. Dew hang in there. Storms are coming for you this year, probably of the tropical nature. The smoke has joined us here in Cenral NC today. A plume moved in around 10:30 this morning and its just awful outside. On a brighter note we are in the slight risk box from the SPC today, so hopefully I'll get some chasing in this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Mikey. I noticed you there in the slight risk area... lucky. I'm hanging in there, but it's getting pretty offensive. It's hard not to take this negligence from "Ma Nature" personally. I hate that you've got smoke up there also. Something's got to break. Be safe chasing if you get the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The 12Z GFS continues to show a tropical storm in the Southeast Gulf of Mexico on June 1… this feature has been very consistent in model output for several days…" per James Spann

    ReplyDelete
  4. SPANN IS THE MAN! Mike going to be on vacation the first week in June. dont know which weekend I will be up. Still gotta wait and see!

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...