The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, May 14, 2007

Yeah, the roads belong to Dew!!!

I AM HOME!!! Woohoo! Great news, the smoke wasn't nearly as bad as it was on the way down (we've got cows!). We hit a mild patch of it near Live Oak, FL, but nothing that warranted road closure... so the roads were wide open to us (apparently, they got word that I was coming through and didn't want to inconvenience me...lol) I was relieved that Mini-Dew didn't have to subject her lungs to another thick dose of smoke. It was so amazingly awful coming down. I breathed a large sigh of relief when I saw that it wasn't going to impact us.

I am so relieved to be out of that place. Mini-Dew is already asking when we'll go back there. Sheesh... I guess as long as I have my pool boy, Michael, I'm good. It's nothing a few Mudslides won't take care of... ;-) It wasn't all that bad. After all, I was able to blog... So many kids though... I think I need Calgon to take me away. It's good to be home, I'll say that. Speaking of home, I took this pic Saturday morning before I left home, so as you can see, the smoke was pretty horrible even up this way on Saturday. It made for a pretty amazing sun shot, though. I was pleased to see the rain gauge here registering 1/2 an inch. Not bad. I heard there was lots and lots of CG, too. Boy, when it happens, it really happens and can I ever miss it. I think Mother Nature is toying with me. Steve... go ahead and schedule me for that SDS treatment... (I'm thinking I am in serious trouble...) You might want to move the facility away from your home locale though... I seem to be a severe weather deterrent, worse than you and Rick even. Sheesh!

Well, I am about to take Mini-Dew to practice... back into the swing of things.

Toodaloo! Man, it's good to be home!
~Dewdrop

5 comments:

  1. me too dew,with just the thought of me going up north, it got sunny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh... Young smoke runner....Glad to see you made it home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate that, Jess. I hope you still get your shot.

    Yes, it is good to be be home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep an eye on the Northwestern Caribbean....models are starting to mix it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...and it's not even June 1st... Could it be a Barry in the making???

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...