The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Friday, June 01, 2007

Barry getting stronger... things firing up in the plains... again.

My friend Steve (I split his name into two links... the first is his nowcasting while he's out. The other is his regular blog) is currently chasing a tornado warned supercell in the Texas panhandle. Pretty awesome stuff. Oh, how I wish I were better placed geographically. I am hopeful that they will save some of the action for me. I'll be there soon. Looks like, though, that the SPC has made the outlined areas for likely storms slightly larger... sounds like more opportunity to me. I am literally on cloud nine... doesn't get much better than this. I don't know if the plains will ever be the same...

As for Barry... Intensifying! I know, right? Wind speeds have increased slightly since the announcement of his arrival on the scene... now packing winds at 50mph... with a pressure down from 1000 to 997mb. I'm just so excited about the trajectory of this thing, right over those doggone fires... time for us to say goodbye to the smoke??? Sounds like a plan to me! Thank God for Barry! Absolutely.

Toodles,
~Dewdrop

2 comments:

  1. Barry looks to be moving a tad more northeastward already per night time vis sat.
    http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/flt/t2/sloop-vis.html

    The low-level circulation is naked now due to shear and some dry air. Most of the deep convection moving over southern FL where a few tornado reports have come in. Currently tracking to TVS's on some fast moving cells.

    If I had to pick a landfall location, I would say Vence Beach / Sarasota FL.

    At least a the rain is falling, it nice and steady too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly, at least the rain is falling nice and steady! Looking at 0.64" and still falling... Barry is a God-send.

    I can't believe he's going nude, too. These doggone early tropicals...

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...