The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Friday, June 01, 2007

Chase-O-Rama and Happy Atlantic Hurricane Season!!!!

How about them apples...?! Right now, it appears that I will be leaving Monday... since that is what my existing tickets are for... and now the set up looks good for chasing in the central plains on Tuesday and Wednesday, so hopefully, we will get things going quickly. I am waiting to hear the final decision this afternoon... definitely either Sunday or Monday. I don't know too much about how things will go while we are out there. I mean, I know generally, but I don't know if I'll get the opportunity to rendezvous with any of my storm chasing friends. I will call if the opportunity presents itself. I am so excited! It's hard to contain myself. It's going to happen. I am about to live my dream!

THE GFS AND ECMWF ARE IN DECENT GENERAL AGREEMENT INTO DAY 6...BUT BEGIN TO DEVIATE MORE SUBSTANTIALLY THEREAFTER. NONETHELESS...AN ACTIVE SEVERE WEATHER PERIOD IS EXPECTED THROUGH DAY 8 -- CENTERED ON THE CENTRAL THIRD OF THE CONUS.
Aside from that, as if I could properly dedicate my mind to anything else... Today kicks off the Atlantic Hurricane Season of 2007. Hopefully, people are taking this year's forecast seriously and preparing for the worst. Better to be overly prepared and have nothing bad happen than inadequately prepared and experience the worst! Still, eyes are on the low pressure system spinning near Cuba bringing with it rain and wind. Strong convection exists on the eastern side of that storm. Heavy rain is expected to impact Cuba and Central Florida. Shear should preclude significant tropical development, but at least rain will come to parts that desperately need it.

Leaving the tropics and examining our local activity this weekend...
CHANCES FOR RAIN ARE EXPECTED ACROSS NORTHEAST FLORIDA AND SOUTHEAST GEORGIA WHICH HOPEFULLY WILL EXTINGUISH THE WILDFIRES AND PUT AN END TO THE SMOKE PROBLEM.
That was a welcome read, refreshing actually. Everything does seem to be coming together for making things much better. I'll stay gone long enough to really saturate the ground. ;-) We are actually setting records with this dryness... Tim published a Public Information Statement about the extremely dry conditions... not really a record we wanted to break... Good news is that a deep moisture boundary is scheduled for this area early next week (you know, while I'm not here) that will set things up for our more typical afternoon sea breeze events. Convection... finally! It's still smoky here... surprised?

Let me get things going for today... so much to do for prepare for next week.

Toodles,
~Dewdrop

6 comments:

  1. Please..."No Happy Dew Dance" on camera please...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. Come on, I've been practicing and everything! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go ahead, Dew. Do your dance. Trust me, it will be much better than any "stormtracker" dance. Heehee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for having my back, Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok Dawn....It's on sister....;-P

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...