The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Sunday, June 03, 2007

Excitement in Texas tonight...

I must say I have never seen anything quite like this... Apparently, it had a SUPER STRIATED CORKSCREWED BARBER POLE UPDRAFT which explains the doughnut... Thanks for the explanation Steve... don't guess you're Stevoid today... Congrats on the bag and the striated corkscrewed barber pole updraft, true awesomeness. Several Tornadoes reported in the Texas panhandle tonight. Aside from the current action, there is lots of excitement over next week coming from the chaser community (they must have heard I was coming... lol... kidding, really, I'm kidding). Things are setting up nicely for my chase of a lifetime. I am so excited about my plains chase next week. I can't wait to experience it all. I have no idea how I'll react to it, so bear with me if I get overly emotion. I am sure I'll be overloaded with emotion. I'm just guessing, but it looks like a good shot, we'll be headed to Texas on Tuesday... coolness. Get that roasted goat ready for me!

Barry has become extratropical, but in his time, he generated some desperately needed rainfall in huge quantities. He proved to be exactly what we needed, and what a way to kick off the Atlantic Hurricane Season! Over 5 inches were reported in some locations, which should go a long way in helping to do away with those fires in Ware and Charlton. Now, if we could just get a few more of those type systems... we'll be well on our way to recovering from this horrible drought. Barry was an awesome start, don't get me wrong, but as the guys would say, he was no "drought buster". Great news though...

JUST EAST OF THE CWA...OVER THE FIRES...AN ANALYST FOR THE FLORIDA DIVISION OF FORESTRY REPORTED 5.73 INCHES OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS.
I'm headed to bed.

~Dewdrop

2 comments:

  1. My last note on the internet before leaving out in a little while...Have some fun, stay safe, and hopefully we will see some storms in TX on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mike! You too, and here's hoping.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...