The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Sunday, June 03, 2007

One More Day!!!

This is how the SPC has it mapped out for chase day 1, if I get into position in time. Hubby and I will have to drive from Missouri to wherever after our flight. Hopefully, we'll be in position, finish doing all we need to do and be ready to chase by Tuesday afternoon. I'm not even going to talk about the fact that my area has got text associated with it, mentioning hail and potential for severe weather... good grief. I might be banned yet. You know what though, my week ahead is certain to be the most exciting, thrilling, intense week of my life. It truly is the opportunity of a lifetime, and I am so grateful to have this once in a lifetime shot. I plan to post when I have opportunities along the way. I, of course, won't be as active as usual on the computer, but I will try to update from time to time.

As for the remnants of Barry... I have got to post a quote from Jeff, one of the guys... it literally had me laughing out loud!

THE 03 UTC REGIONAL SURFACE ANALYSIS SHOWS A 997 MB LOW CENTERED NEAR THE GA COAST. THIS LOW IS THE REMNANT OF BARRY (THE TROPICAL CYCLONE...NOT THE FORECASTER)
Hold on, still laughing... OK, regarding local weather, looks like decent POPS for the start of the week, and at least chance for the rest of the forecast. Imagine that, rain here while I'm gone... thunderstorms with potential for severity no less... Currently, I am enjoying the warm glow of an unobstructed sun. It's beautiful. The smoke is GONE! Thank the Lord. Barry (the Tropical Cyclone not the forecaster - lol!) has proven to be the answer to many countless prayers. Looking a little ahead, conditions are favorable for some sea breeze convection on Monday and Tuesday. This is the weather we are used to having at this time of year, so it looks like things might be back on track, finally. I've always enjoyed those afternoon thundershowers. Of course, by the time I arrive back on the South Central scene, a nice little ridge will have set up over this area... did you have any doubt? In fact, I could be returning to a serious heat wave with ridiculously high temps. Fabulous...

That's it for me for now. I might post more tonight. I will try to post more before I leave tomorrow, and I will give updates beyond that from wherever I can. Given the amount of driving we will potentially have to do, I should get some awesome photo ops. You know me.

Have a great day!
~Dewdrop

4 comments:

  1. Have fun and good luck!!
    I'm there with ya spiritually!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are, girl! I'll keep in touch with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pretty bad I have to read dewdrop's blog to get information on the results of Barry down south...ATL is so busy talking about the LACK of rain and watering restrictions they can't report on anything else. Have a wonderful trip! I can't wait to hear about it. Safe Trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl, that's a pretty high compliment. Thanks. I'll be posting regularly from whereever I can. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...