The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Saturday, July 28, 2007

Looks like a hail of a storm yesterday...

Picture number 3 for consideration in my photo collage... As with the others, let me know.

Aside from that, I was just going over the storm reports from yesterday's main event, and it looks like a significant hail and wind producer, but big time hail in Carolina Mike's area. So many isolated cells with that event, I am certain that he must have seen some impressive structure. In a storm without a camera... is that like being up a creek without a paddle? I have not spoken with him to get the update, but having looked at the radar, I know it must be so. I did more coverage of the event on the team blog. I hope that Mike saved some hail for me.

Here today, it looks like things are improving, weatherwise. POPS have jumped back up to 40% today, 50% tomorrow and 60% on Monday, with the "see text" note from the SPC for those days. They've placed a slight risk over Eastern GA and part of SC. There is talk of large hail. It's actually some strong wording regarding that storm system...

WITH POTENTIAL FOR DAMAGING GUSTS AND LARGE HAIL FROM ORGANIZED MULTICELLS AND SHORT-LIVED/HEAVY-PRECIP SUPERCELLS.
I am really not a fan of the HP supercells. Too much rain to see the beauty of it. You lose contrast because it's all so dark. Unfortunately, over in this neck of the woods, that seems to be what we are up against. I have plans today, but it would be fun to go and grab some large hail for my ever popular "chaser holding large hail" photograph.

More locally, here's what the guys have got to say:
SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS WILL DEVELOP THIS AFTERNOON. COVERAGE WILL BE GREATER THAN THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS. ISOLATED STRONG TO MARGINALLY SEVERE STORMS WILL BE POSSIBLE DURING THE AFTERNOON AND EARLY EVENING HOURS. THE MAIN THREAT WILL BE WIND GUSTS FROM WET
MICROBURSTS AND SMALL HAIL.
Sounds like a chase-tunity in the making. What do y'all think?

I was actually treated to a miniature and distant light show last night when I was taking out the doggone dog. To my southeast, the clouds were randomly glowing in the sky. I couldn't make out any of the bolts, but it was beautiful to see the clouds flicker from the lightning somewhere on the other side of them.

That's it for me for today. I will update if something happens, and I am able to go after it.

Toodles,
~Dewdrop

4 comments:

  1. Your flowers are beautiful! Cant wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like y'all have a chance to see something today in GA Dew. I love the red color in that photo. I vote for you to add it to the collage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to say I'm enjoying all your pretty flowers! :o)

    I think I have a cloud picture on my camera from my beach trip. I'll have to find it and share, so you can tell me what kind of cloud I shot! haha!

    Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, y'all! Another winner for the collage.

    As for our weather, apparently, (surprise, surprise) there was a nice little storm at the house while I was a ways up the road visiting a friend. I saw some really far off lightning, but was too far away to get the shot. Grr...

    Courtney, I'd love to see your cloud pic. Share away!!!

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...