The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Thursday, July 05, 2007

No fireworks for me....

Well, my really awesome holiday plans went bust. Had a little drama yesterday with dear son and his sweet girlfriend, who I very much adore.... Everything fell apart just before it was time to go and see the fireworks, so for the first time in my 20-something years (OK, OK, fine... 30-something years), I had to miss my favorite thing about the 4th of July. I'll survive, but it was a bummer. I have such awesome memories associated with the 4th of July. I think I have mentioned that I grew up in Boston, not entirely accurate... I grew up a tiny suburb of Boston, called Winthrop... Now Winthrop is all about the 4th of July. Every year, it was huge, and let me tell you, the last time I visited there, I made sure it was during the 4th of July holiday. First, we attended the "Horribles Parade" which is a long standing tradition, where people dress in over the top costumes, not usually horrible, but definitely creative and very much fun. Afterward, we headed to the park for treat bags and little ice cream cups. There were activities and contests, and they announced the winners of the parade contest, everyone finding out, then, who was the "most horrible". Usually, we'd then cook out at someone's house, only to congregate later in the perfect spot to watch the best doggone fireworks in the country, set off over the Winthrop Harbor, while you can also watch the not-too-distant East Boston and Boston displays, which have always failed in comparison. Very special memories for me associated with the 4th. Their chamber talks about the 4th festivities on their website, if you're interested in checking it out.

Aside from that, we've got dry air moving in, not expecting much by the way of weather... not that that's in sharp contrast to what we have been seeing, more specifically, to what I have been seeing. sigh... perhaps this weekend, is the word I am hearing though. I can be patient. I borrowed the picture from my really awesome friend, Phoebe, in Hong Kong, who I haven't seen in forever. This is one of her precious pups, Wing Wing. Seems like the perfect mascot for ridiculous weather monotony. Click on the picture to link to Phoebe's blog. She actually puts English in her blog occassionally just for me!

I think I might have been a little confusing about when my birthday is. It's tomorrow. I have generally always claimed the entire week because of the fireworks and fanfare in my honor... lol, but tomorrow is the big day! Yes, tomorrow, I will turn 29 again! It's funny... my home town... you know... Winthrop... actually messed up my birthcertificate, and I have two different birth certificates with different dates. One is for today, and one if for tomorrow, so I can I can technically claim both, and looky what the NHC is talking about in honor of my birthday...

.. ...SPECIAL FEATURE...
A 1014 MB LOW PRES CENTER NEAR 11N46W...OR ABOUT 1000 NM E OF THE LESSER ANTILLES. ISOLATED SHOWERS FROM 10N TO 12N BETWEEN 46W-47W. THIS SYSTEM STILL HAS SOME POTENTIAL FOR TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION DURING THE NEXT DAY OR SO BEFORE UPPER-LEVEL WINDS BECOME LESS FAVORABLE FOR DEVELOPMENT.
Wouldn't that be a sweet gift?! Chantal??

Have a great day! Hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday!
~Dewdrop

P.S. Took the sunset pic about a year ago on Tybee Island.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm....that sunset looks familiar...who is that getting married in the background? By the way, that is one of the few places that still looks the same...

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Winder friend. I think you know them.

    Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...