The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Friday, July 13, 2007

Roadtrip!!! of course, that means weather in South Georgia...

EXPECT TO SEE MORE ACTIVE DAY FOR CONVECTION THAN YESTERDAY.
Honestly when I read this in the AFD, I laughed out loud. It's got to be more than yesterday! Yesterday was a complete weather abyss, but that was expected, so it's OK. Here's where it gets hysterical... remember that I mentioned that I have plans to go out of town this weekend? I am attending something up near Atlanta tomorrow and attempting that whole waterfall thing that I have wanted to do forever... well, in light of my planned escape from South Central GA... here's what the guys had to say (Apparently Bryan has picked up on the fact that there is a connection between the weather and my presence in the area, as this is the strongest wording I have read in a while in the AFD... of course):
FOR SATURDAY AND SUNDAY...RATHER POTENT SHORTWAVE EXPECTED TO MOVE EAST ALONG THE CENTRAL GULF COAST. THIS WILL ACT TO INCREASE SOUTHWEST FLOW THROUGH A DEEP LAYER ACROSS THE CWA WITH A GOOD SURGE OF GULF MOISTURE AND LIFT. EXPECT TO SEE PLENTY OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ACROSS THE AREA THROUGHOUT THE DAY SATURDAY. PATTERN WILL REMAIN LARGELY UNCHANGED FOR SUNDAY... SO EXPECT ANOTHER DAY WITH GOOD COVERAGE OF CONVECTION.
Now, as for where I will be...
MODELS INDICATE A MORE SIGNIFICANT SHORTWAVE TROUGH CROSSING CENTRAL GEORGIA ON SATURDAY AFTERNOON... THAT DISTURBANCE TO TAP INTO CONSIDERABLY GREATER INSTABILITY... WITH MLCAPE JUST SHY OF 2000 J/KG. THUS...THUNDERSTORM CHANCES WILL BE BETTER SATURDAY AFTERNOON/EVENING WITH A SLIGHTLY LESS ACTIVE SETUP FOR SUNDAY.
Looks like another chase-tunity in the making. We shall see. Perhaps, if no one lets the weather know I'll be up there... ;-)

That's it for me. Happy Friday the 13th! Hope it's lucky for you! Here is a picture that hubby took of a frog that was in the window of the door last night after I had gone to sleep. Cute little guy. We get them all over the place... them and toad, which the doggone dog mouths causing him to foam at the mouth... crazy mutt. Country living.

Toodles,
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...