The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Sunday, August 19, 2007

Dean holding strong...

I don't care for the floater of Hurricane Dean this morning, so I decided to give the broader view of the system. It's interesting because this way, you can see the low in the GOM, which is an interesting feature. All of the models are tracking Hurricane Dean into Mexico, except one, which is a definite outlier... it looks like Hurricane Dean is still solidly on course for Jamaica.I sure hope those folks are able to find sturdy shelter. Dean is still a very powerful and dangerous hurricane. He will cause extraordinary destruction to anything that happens to be in his path. God be with the folks in the Caribbean, dealing with this monster...

Locally, yesterday, the SPC downgraded the slight risk in my area to a "see text" area, which was consistent with Tim's opinion that nothing would happen in my neck of the woods... Nothing happened. I heard a few rumbles of thunder as a small storm passed by to my north, and that was all. It appears I could have mowed afterall. Today looks to be a hot and dry day... looking to even approach advisory levels by Tuesday... great... anyhow, with my forecast, looks like I should be able to tackle that lawn. It's off to church for me now though.

UPDATE 8:00PM: Hurricane Dean skirted by just to the south of Jamaica. They are still dealing with hurricane conditions, as Dean's hurricane force winds extend out for miles. God be with them...

Happy Sunday!
~Dewdrop

6 comments:

  1. People! Hide you swings and pink flamingos! Dew is on the prowl....
    she is no known as (drum roll)....
    The Dewminator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dew:

    Dean is a biggie! While I would LOVE so rain in my area, I won't trade having him hit the US coast.

    ~Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mowing complete. I'll have you know... I did a great job! Now, to figure out edging...

    Michael, I know. Crazy, huh? Whereever he goes, it's going to be scary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for such a great blog on weather. After becoming an amateur radio operator I have been trying to get involved in the local SKYWARN and other areas.

    thanks again for such a great blog.

    73, KI4WLR
    http://www.ki4wlr.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like my hunch may have been wrong for Dean...However, there is a possible new development east of Florida in the Atlantic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. KI4WLR, Thanks! Where are you located? I would love to help you get set up in Skywarn. The more spotters, the better! Welcome to the blog.

    Spouse of a weather freak, Sounds like you have a weather passion of your own. Haven't checked out the current cane status, but I will shortly. It does look like your hunch was wrong. Looks like Mexico will take Dean's wrath.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...