The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Saturday, August 18, 2007

Dean still going strong...

Hurricane Dean has maintained his strong category 4 characteristics. He seems to have developed a larger eye. He has not strengthened over the course of the day, but he has maintained himself. Powerful, powerful hurricane spinning down in the Caribbean.

Well, I haven't gotten much cleaning done today, which is a bummer, and so far, the swings are safe because I haven't started the mower yet, but I have finally put that project together with the floral pictures that I have been posting pictures for... I measured everything out and hung it all by myself! Check it out!I'll mow and clean later...

UPDATE: The 8:00 Advisory indicates that Hurricane Dean has intensified, now carrying with it a minimum pressure of 920mb. He still looks excellent on the satellite. A beautiful hurricane, as far as that goes. His winds are still rated at 150mph. I would not want to be in Jamaica right about now. They are about to have a rough time.

UPDATE: The 11PM advisory indicates winds dropped to 145mph and pressure at... (you ready for this?) 918mb... no way. Dewdrop headed to bed. Good night.

Toodles,
~Dewdrop

10 comments:

  1. Dew, ya done good! That is very pretty..Dew the flower stalker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the weather seems to run away from me, so what else have I got?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the flowers. Looks great! yeah nice drop in pressure with Dean. The eyewall cycle is complete so the winds should catch back up with the deep pressure fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Mike and Jeff.

    Jeff, with the ERC complete, when do you think the winds will pick up? After Jamaica, I hope...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think he strengthen some just as he reached the coast of Jamaica as the eye look to constrict into a smaller eye. Already reports of cat 3 winds in Kingston, now just need to comfirm. No word from Edds yet, but I expect to him from him soon as the worst is pullin away now to the west. A long night ahead in the dark and wind on the island of Jamaica.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flowers look great!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeff, It looked prior to the appraoch at Jamaica though that Dean's eye had grown quite large. I am anxious to see Jim's pictures and to know that he is safe. He's one crazy cat.

    H, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...