The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Saturday, August 18, 2007

Dean still a powerful Cat 4 hurricane!!!

At the 2AM update Hurricane Dean's windspeeds were raised up to 150 mph, now just 6mph short of a category 5 designation.

LATEST MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE REPORTED BY AN AIR FORCE HURRICANE HUNTER PLANE WAS 929 MB...27.43 INCHES.
Some fluctuations in intensity are expected throughout the next 24 hours. I will continue to monitor his progress throughout the day. I will be on and off the computer while I clean my house, mow the lawn (yes, watch out swings, I am mowing), and eat something. Most of the models now consistent in tracking Hurricane into the Texas/Mexico coast. I, however, am still seeing that northward turn. I am holding tight to my prediction that he will hit closer to the Louisiana state line.

Looks like I might have a shot at severe weather today. I will try to monitor that, as well.
A FEW STORMS MAY REACH SEVERE LEVELS WITH THE MAIN THREAT BEING FREQUENT LIGHTNING...HAIL...GUSTY WINDS...AND HEAVY RAINFALL.
Toodles,
~Dewdrop


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...