The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Sunday, August 05, 2007

Senility and HOT flashes... am I THAT old?!

I overslept this AM... it was kind of nice. I spent a good part of the wee hours cutting out copies of the proposed pictures for my collage project. I have cut copies down to 8" X 8" size to get an idea of what it might look like and which will look best in my living room. This is pic number 10... and since I only have 9 openings, you can see I have some decisions to make. I think I have about 15 that I have narrowed it down to...

Our service today at church was very difficult. The new pastor did a fantastic job, but people were so emotional. It's a very sad thing. I will be attending a Memorial Service locally tomorrow evening. Thanks to those who have offered thoughtful sentiments regarding this very sad and difficult situation.

Onto the weather... We had some torrential rain last week, and even expereienced some moments of white out from the rain. I had forgotten that I took this until I was looking for a flower pic. Senililty at such a young age... I also took some pics of the sky coming home... a few days back. Man, I am really slacking these days. Forgot all about that too... We had nothing today except a whole lot of haze. Yesterday, it was also fairly hazy, while I was enjoying the tax free shopping days, so much that I was able to see the sun without any problem, a big orange ball of fire in the sky, and I was able to look right at it, probably shouldn't have, but I am pretty bad at following the rules at times (shhh, don't tell anyone)... It really was beautiful, and I promise that I didn't look for too terribly long.

Now, looking at local weather in the short/long term... looks like less convection than would be expected for this time of year... shaking my head... and that spreads into the near future as (surprise, surprise) looks like the ridge will be choking the life out any possible precipitation for at least the first half of the week. The second half should bring things back to how they should be. As for temps... quoting Bryan's HWO:

TEMPERATURES AWAY FROM THE COAST THIS AFTERNOON ARE EXPECTED TO RISE INTO THE MIDDLE AND UPPER 90S FOR MANY LOCATIONS. THESE TEMPERATURES WILL COMBINE WITH DEWPOINTS IN THE UPPER 60S TO NEAR 70 TO PRODUCE HEAT INDICES BETWEEN 100 AND 105 DEGREES FAHRENHEIT FOR SEVERAL HOURS. VERY WARM TO HOT TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED TO CONTINUE INTO THE MIDDLE OF THE WEEK. MIDDLE TO UPPER 90S WILL BE COMMON AWAY FROM THE COAST EACH AFTERNOON WITH A FEW LOCATIONS POSSIBLY REACHING THE CENTURY MARK. THESE TEMPERATURES WILL COMBINE WITH DEWPOINTS IN THE UPPER 60S AND LOWER 70S TO PRODUCE HEAT INDICES BETWEEN 100 AND 105 DEGREES FAHRENHEIT THROUGH WEDNESDAY.
Welcome to the south... speaking of hot weather, I have been waiting for the sun to start to set for me to mow the lawn. I guess that means it's time. Off to sweat to death...

Toodles,
~Dewdrop

6 comments:

  1. Yes..Yes you are that old and NO you will not be in charge of the ac on our chase trip next year!! ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Our service today at church was very difficult. The new pastor did a fantastic job, but people were so emotional. It's a very sad thing. I will be attending a Memorial Service locally tomorrow evening. Thanks to those who have offered thoughtful sentiments regarding this very sad and difficult situation.

    Did you all lose your pastor???

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear the news about your Pastor Dew. It's always hard to lose such inspirational people in our lives. Take a quick peak at the system about to exit Africa / Cape Verde. HUGE! If this one doesn't make it, I don't know what will. Maybe that will put an extra boost in your step today.

    SCM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rick, :-P

    Michael, On Thursday night, our pastor, who had just been transferred to a new church was killed in a car accident.

    Mikey, Thanks for that, and you know I'll be checking out the monster you are speaking of... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that flower pic Dew...probably my second fav of yours! I hope you don't mind, I am using them as part of my screensaver at work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, second favorite! I am honored to have my work as part of your screensaver. Wow! Thanks, Mike!

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...