The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The coolest HWO ever!!!

A LARGE AND COMPLEX LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM IS FORECAST TO DEVELOP OVER FLORIDA AND THE EASTERN GULF WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY. RAIN CHANCES WILL SLOWLY INCREASE FROM EAST TO WEST WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND THURSDAY AS THIS SYSTEM MARCHES WESTWARD. IT IS POSSIBLE THAT A TROPICAL CYCLONE MAY DEVELOP IN THE EASTERN GULF LATER THIS WEEK IN ASSOCIATION WITH THIS SYSTEM...BUT AT THIS TIME IT APPEARS THAT IF ONE DOES DEVELOP...A HIGH PRESSURE SYSTEM OVER THE SOUTHEAST U.S. WOULD PROTECT OUR AREA AS IT WOULD LIKELY STEER THE TROPICAL CYCLONE WESTWARD INTO THE WESTERN GULF OF MEXICO.
Sadly, that is all there is. I thought that looked like a decent low yesterday off the eastern coast of Florida, so it is supposed to cut across the peninsula and become a tropical something or other... Could we have Jerry?

Maybe... locally weather is uninteresting, but potential weather coming right up tomorrow as moisture returns. Really, this morning was beautiful with it's crisp temps, not humidity. Temp was 59 up my way when I went outside... and Mini-Dew actually had to wear a sweater. It's beginning to feel a lot like fall... and you know what that means, the cure for SDS is just around the corner. A little severe weather ought to lift my spirits. lol.

When my extermintor was exterminating my banana spiders, he complimented that my edging looked really great. He wanted to know who I had hired out to do my yard... Go me!!! So, although I have issues with swings, toads, lawn ornaments and horse flies, I am a darn good edger.

Jess shared these lyrics with me, and it touched my heart today, so I thought I would share, so maybe they could touch someone else's heart...
You say the hill's too steep to climb... Climb it.
You say you'd like to see me try... Climbing.

You pick the place and I'll choose the time
And I'll climb that hill in my own way.
Just wait a while for the right day.
And as I rise above the tree lines and the clouds
I look down, hearing the sound of the things you've said today.
"Fearless" ~Pink Floyd
That's all for today... toodaloo,
~Dewdrop

11 comments:

  1. Interesting weather shaping up just east of me here in South Florida. Watching closely late this morning to a possible developing surface low just east of West Palm Beach, Ft Lauderdale and Miami metro. 1km high resolution visible satellite loop animations, show a broad area of cyclonic turning now between Florida and the northern Bahamas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now titled Invest93L - Also new GFS run brings a storm into LA/MS area this weekend. Alot of dry air to the northwest of this system, so we could se something more subtropical first.

    Low-level rotation seen now too on MIA nexrad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, 93L!!! Welcome to the tropical scene! Thanks for keeping me posted, Jeff. I can go off tropical strike now. I can deal with STS Jerry. What do you think about that mess in the Caribbean interacting with it though???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Invest93L looks to be the main feature now along the northern end of the tropical wave. The upper-level low now helping to ventilate the increasing convection off of southeast Florida. Lets see what happends overnight. I sure hope for a ton of rain as this crosses Florida during the next day or so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get that rain, Jeff. You guys certainly need it. I am anxious to see what this one does.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I take it you had hid the bodies before the exterminator showed up?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought you would like that song!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rick, Of course I did... lol

    Jess, Very cool lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome aboard, Annie. I loved those lyrics! They were quite uplifting!

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...