The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Mini-Dew rocks!... with updates...

Update: The NWS has their Graphical HWO Training through the National Weather Service Tallahassee up and working. Great presentation by Kelly. In addition, they have their gHWO working now, too.
The Mini-Dew brought this home to me today. Isn't it awesome?! She drew in tornadoes, CG, really evil looking anvils and monstrous raindrops over a bed of flowers. That is awesomeness. Anyway, had to share. When I told her it was going on my blog, she said, "I knew it!" lol Does she know me or what? I love that she wrote: "to: dewdroup from: minidew" and she used a raindrop to dot her "i". You can click on the pic for a larger view.

Very cool,
~Dew


UPDATE: The idea of putting a message over that lovely drawing from Mini-Dew just broke my heart, so I decided to let that be the intro for today's post... today being Wednesday, September 19... where has September gone? Wasn't it just summertime? Doesn't matter, that just means our secondary severe weather season is fast approaching. I am rather enjoying this fall-like weather. It's great for my very dangerous (for everything in the yard) yard maintenance.

That's not the big story though, the big story is Invest 93L. That convectionful storm is dumping buckets in Florida. In fact, there are reports of flooding in the Jacksonville area from yesterday's rain, and more and more is coming. Florida needs the rain, so I am not too terribly worried about it. Right now, there is an upper level low off the coast of Tampa and a surface low near Miami. If that upper level will move west and allow for some high pressure to build over the surface low in the upper levels, this thing will really get a great shot at blossoming into a real storm, which is expected during the next 24 hours. Yes, folks, we could soon have TS or STS Jerry. Right now, for Florida, this is just what the doctor ordered. Rain, rain, rain... perfect. Looking again now, it looks like more central circulation, right over Jeff. Looking more and more impressive, each time I look, could have something soon. Jeff, you wanted tropical moisture... enjoy. ;-) Good news for folks in Florida, you are getting the much needed rain, but the tropical or subtropical event developing is likely to hit the Louisiana/Mississippi coast as such (or more), so you SHOULD be all right. It should be a fun few days ahead as this thing does its thing.

Otherwise, not much going on, my moisture is returning, which is good. I have missed it. Looks like it'll be oisture off of ol' 93L. Cool. Thanks for sharing. More expected Thursday and Friday, which is cool. I can chase on Friday, so that would be PERFECT! Things are expected to dry back out at the beginning of next week, so enjoy it while it lasts, huh? The guys are being rather vague with regard to forecast, not really making any guesses as to what will happen, very cautiously covering their behinds. I can understand that. I say... we will have something today or tomorrow morning. I'll stick my neck out there.

That's it for me, for now.

Ciao,
~Dewdrop

7 comments:

  1. Very good! Way to go Mini-Dew, future weathergirl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 56.5 degrees overnight! Yessss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too cool, You guys can be a mother and daughter chase team, like Bill in Collin. Except there boys but you know what i mean. I ha vent had a drop of rain today when i got to work and everybody was telling me it was a 90 percent chance of rain today, i was like yea if your on the east coast, port Richey wont see rain until tomorrow when the wind changes and starts blowing from the south bringing in the tropical moisture. that's what i read anyway. I can see it go right around my county on the radar(the Jess void) Clouds look freakin cool!! Anyway sounds like im posting in your comments...lol Chat atcha later...Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! My dreams are sometimes kinda like that picture Mini-Dew created.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess, A meso daughta? lol. She goes back and forth with her weather interest. It would be cool to be a team like Bill and Collin. It would be so much easier if I weren't geographically misplaced. Hope the "Jessvoid" backs off... there's a storm brewing... hopefully you'll get something!!!

    Steve, Interesting... Welcome back. How was the man trip?

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...